VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi TT Coupé S line competition: Exclusive Dynamics at an Attractive Price

Audi has now released PR shots of the new TT S-line competition along with European market information. As noted in our previous story on this car, a version will be coming to the USA. Check out the additional rear shots and all the details after the jump.

Full Story

·
Registered
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S, 2017 Jaguar F-Pace, 2012 Audi TT RS
1,339 Posts
Booooo! :thumbdown:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Great way to **** on the owners of the halo RS range

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Anybody else notice the new black rotor-arm wheels with silver accents (as opposed to red on the current black rotor-arm wheel options for the RS)? Those might look pretty slick on a black car...

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about from TT RS owners. The trunk spoiler is the only shared part that is unique to the TT RS. The rotor wheels are sold on pretty much everything so they're not exactly exclusive. The bodywork is TT S-line/TTS.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about from TT RS owners. The trunk spoiler is the only shared part that is unique to the TT RS. The rotor wheels are sold on pretty much everything so they're not exactly exclusive. The bodywork is TT S-line/TTS.
So I should be upset then? ;)

Bah, I haven't seen a RS or another S on the road yet in Southern Cal. I'm sure they are out there, but given the rarity of both and the fact that this won't sell any better, no reason for panties to bunch.

·
Registered
412 Posts
LOL at all the upset RS owners. 99% of people on the road wouldn't know the difference between an 08 non S line FWD TT and an RS when they see one.
almost, but not quite. 100% of people don't know the diff between a TTS and a TTRS, but that's not the point. the point is audi is giving tt owners the option of adding a body kit to a car to make it look like a different one which is gay. do you own a riced-out honda by any chance? :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The trunk spoiler is the only shared part that is unique to the TT RS. The rotor wheels are sold on pretty much everything so they're not exactly exclusive. The bodywork is TT S-line/TTS.
I completely understand Audi is just trying to make a buck. If the S-line package had been available for the TT a few years ago no one would care. I am looking forward to the final S-line TT production numbers in NA.

the point is audi is giving tt owners the option of adding a body kit to a car to make it look like a different one which is gay.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I completely understand Audi is just trying to make a buck. If the S-line package had been available for the TT a few years ago no one would care. I am looking forward to the final S-line TT production numbers in NA.
You realize a couple years ago Audi changed the S-line front end to look exactly like the previous year TTS? All they've done with this package is add the rear spoiler, the front end is the standard S-line package which is much closer to the TTS than RS. So you're really that miffed about the inclusion of a spoiler?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
You realize a couple years ago Audi changed the S-line front end to look exactly like the previous year TTS? All they've done with this package is add the rear spoiler, the front end is the standard S-line package which is much closer to the TTS than RS. So you're really that miffed about the inclusion of a spoiler? And keep in mind that Audi already had a fixed spoiler available for the TT. It didn't have the same V-shaped support posts but the profile was close enough that it is all but identical to the RS fixed spoiler.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
All they've done with this package is add the rear spoiler, the front end is the standard S-line package which is much closer to the TTS than RS.
Overall, you really think they were going for the TTS look?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
All Gen II TT's are pretty rare, even in my car-crazed city. I've got a story I've been looking for a place to throw out so here's as good as any.

I just did a 2250 mile trip to GA/SC and back a few weeks ago. Other than a couple of "nice car" comments at gas stations and drive-throughs did anyone give a glimmer of recognition that the TT-RS was anything special or different....except for one.
The main purpose of my trip was supporting my cycling team at the USAC road nationals centered in Augusta. The TT event (time trial) started from a park area on the South Carolina side of a dam over the Strom Thurmond Reservoir, went into Georgia, then turned around and came back. The main road leading into the park area was closed off and people were parked up and down the sides of the road. I had found a prime spot for my car on a grassy corner near the start/finish area. So many (friendly) people were around I just left it there unlocked with the windows open. I had just come back to put some stuff in the trunk when a kid who had just raced in the 13-14 class came excitedly skidding up to me. "That's your car mister?" I asked him if he knew what it was and he sarcastically answered "of course, TT-RS, very rare, first one I've ever seen." He knew all the statistics and specs and what set it apart. He went on to tell me he was from a small town in North Carolina where all he could do was read about cool cars. He said whenever his family travelled away to bigger cities for races, he always made them take him by dealerships so he could see his dream cars in person. The whole episode really made my day, but it also reinforced that only a few even care about cars in general.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
complete poser car
This reminds me of a guy I used to work with. He owned a '87 Mustang LX (4 cyl), mounted pony wheels and 5.0 badging on his car. Tried passing it off as a real 5.0. I asked him why: "chicks dig the 5.0" :sly: :facepalm: :thumbdown:

I would not be surprised to see some S-line TT owners throw RS badges on the car.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Overall, you really think they were going for the TTS look?
Yep... take a look across the Audi model range. S-line cars have the S bodykit but without the engine or chassis upgrades. That's all this is except for some black trim and the RS spoiler.

I'm actually curious to see if some more of the interior pics. Some of the tinted trim pieces might be pretty nice upgrades. Would your head explode if someone took the poser parts and installed them in a real TTRS? ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.