VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do I know an early TT got the suspencion fixed appart from the spoiler and the ASR? button?
Are there any hidden differences that someone trying to sell an revised TT as a revised TT wouldnt change and I could find out about?
Thankx.
And before telling me to ready the FAQ, I've read the FAQ and still cant see where that is.
Was there a suspension fix that was a common problem on the early TTs that this post refers to? I'm looking at a 2000 TT tomorrow and I'd like to know if it's something I should ask about.

·
Premium Member
TTq, OBXT, Renegade
16,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Audi modified the suspension parts and settings along with the adding the spoiler and ASR (later ESP) after early TT crashes early in its release, the 1999 Euro models. Originals had problems swapping ends when drivers would lift at high speed, the ducktail eliminates the lift created by the downward curve of the hatchlid. Lifting causes the rear end to float, somewhat because of weight distribution, mostly because of bad aerodynamics, and occurs when the engine is no longer propelling the car under throttle. The steering/suspension was changed because it was "sensitive," though I personally think that issue was overblown, as the TT lost road feel as a result. This may also be the reason rear camber cannot be properly adjusted on the rear OEM control arms.

·
Registered
76 Posts
MKI TT and MKIV Golf similarities.

The FAQ states that the TT and MKIV Golf share the same chassis. I thought that was the case, but today I was told by KermaTDI that the front struts are different for the TT than the Golf.

Are they the same? Does it matter if it is a FWD or AWD?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The FAQ states that the TT and MKIV Golf share the same chassis. I thought that was the case, but today I was told by KermaTDI that the front struts are different for the TT than the Golf.

Are they the same? Does it matter if it is a FWD or AWD?
With the TT AWD you connect the sway bar end links directly to the struts.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Some errors & clarifications of the original post

Noob here but have been posting since 2001 on other TT boards.
1. Clarifiaction - 2001 (and thereafter) baseball interior was only offered on roadsters.
2. Clarification - 2001 (and thereafter) 180 roadster was FWD only.
3. Error - 2002 was the last year for the 180 manual 5-speed, not 2003 as implied in the FAQ. I am 100% certain of this and can be found in several sources.

Both of my Mk I roadsters were 180s.

·
Banned
2,088 Posts
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5997456-Intermittent-ABS-Traction-Lights

I know there's been a few threads with similar issues to this however there seems to be several answers pending codes stored etc.

My ABS & Traction lights intermittetly come on solid, seems to only happen on a hard acceleration.
I fanally managed to trigger the lights when my Tech had VAGCOM at work.

Part No: 8N0 907 379 E

01279 - Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G25)
27-00 - Implausible Signal

Is the part # VAGCOM lists the correct part number for this Longitudinal Acceleration sensor?
Is that sensor actually the problem? and/or has anyone had & fixed this code before?

Thanks in advance
Sounds like you found the problem. The longitudinal sensor is in need of replacement, or your abs unit has died. Have you cleared the codes and tried driving after to see if it comes back?

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=17084201
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1935433

Dash Sensor Part Number (issue you seem to have)
1j1907638b now superseded with pn 1J0907651A
When using the superseded part, you must also get the following parts 1J0972793 (retaining clip) and 1J1972791B (retaining plate)

Under Rear Axle Part Number
1j0907651a

·
Registered
61 Posts
Odd bal problems

So ive been having trouble with my Audi TT. The car used to mis fire on start up and mis fire till i turned it off. Now it runs for a while and then it starts to miss fire, got a vag i just dont know how to use it to figure out what is the issue. The vag also said open circuit boost pressure control valve. seems to run fine for a about 40 miles then it miss fires like nuts on one particular sylinder, some times diffent sometimes the same one....dont know what to do.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Any chance someone could post up the cooling diagram? I am going to be basically making my cooling system from scratch and removing the coolant expansion bottle and using an inline filler tube. trying to get my ducks in order as my parts are starting to stockpile and work can soon commence. many spanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First USA TT

I just bought a 180 FWD from an indirect friend. In the maintenance book it states that the delivery inspection took place on July 7, 1999 at Gerald Jones AUDI in Augusta, Georgia, USA. The original owner bought it and had it delivered to Columbus, Indiana. The car has: 180 HP FWD, BOSE, all black leather, lake silver metallic but the interesting part is it has no Driver Information System and no heated seats. It does not have the spoiler but does have ESP. So, deliveries of the TT started in calendar year 1999.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5997456-Intermittent-ABS-Traction-Lights

Sounds like you found the problem. The longitudinal sensor is in need of replacement, or your abs unit has died. Have you cleared the codes and tried driving after to see if it comes back?

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=17084201
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1935433

Dash Sensor Part Number (issue you seem to have)
1j1907638b now superseded with pn 1J0907651A
When using the superseded part, you must also get the following parts 1J0972793 (retaining clip) and 1J1972791B (retaining plate)

Under Rear Axle Part Number
1j0907651a
Note that additionally that the same sensor can be used as the Lateral sensor or Longitudinal. The difference is the bracket.

141 - 160 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.