VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a 2002 audi TT 225. I would like to be able to take it up in the mountains on some of the dirt roads. The TT already sits a little low for my liking, so I don't want to lower it at all. Given all of this what suspension set up would you recommend? Just can't seem to find much.:confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I agree it's not what its intended for, Do any of the coil over kits allow you to leave the car at stock ride height? With a good rebound/compression adjustment and spring stiffness close to stock, I'm sure it could be dialed in.

·
Premium Member
TTq, OBXT, Renegade
16,092 Posts
Best I can do :D For this car the suspension would almost definitely have to be custom, and the actual rally suspensions/coilovers I've seen are in the neighborhood of $8000, though that is obviously not set in stone (Group N cars' suspension stuff can cost twice that)

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I do believe that in the manual does say THIS IS NOT AN OFF ROAD VEHICLE. Or something along those lines. I say you should go for it though and show the subie lovers that we can play too:laugh:. Although I would try and find a way to make the diff transfer more power to the rear wheels...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Best I can do :D For this car the suspension would almost definitely have to be custom, and the actual rally suspensions/coilovers I've seen are in the neighborhood of $8000, though that is obviously not set in stone (Group N cars' suspension stuff can cost twice that)

This car had a set of KW Competition Rally Coilovers on it. KW offers a couple of different setups, starting at about 5k for the entry level, then up to 8K (give or take).

The guy that owned this one did pretty well with it :), I used to work with him in Vancouver, good guy, but it was painful to see the TT after a race with its battle scars.

More info and pics here http://www.hyperformance.ca/rallytt.htm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking at purchasing a 2002 audi TT 225. I would like to be able to take it up in the mountains on some of the dirt roads. The TT already sits a little low for my liking, so I don't want to lower it at all. Given all of this what suspension set up would you recommend? Just can't seem to find much.:confused:

Thanks!
i’m looking at doing the same thing with my 2008 3.2 manual. I wonder if you had any luck finding the suspension you were looking for as I am buying the car intending to run gravel roads with lots of corners :)

·
Registered
486 Posts

Thanks!
I have the same car and am moving to the desert. But I also have a full FT500 turbo set up from HPA. I have the KW V1. Which are much better than stock. I’m going to raise them to max hight.

·
Registered
154 Posts
this guy has put an impressive amount of work into raising a TT. certainly not just a coil over swap tho.
unless you're married to the TT's style i'd say grab a b5 A4 1.8t instead for dirt road fun. its not too big an ask to get 225 hp out of one, they naturally sit higher (though it wouldn't hurt to put a guard over the oil pan), and i like the torsen awd more than the haldex. also even though they're not much larger they're way easier to work on, more room and less plastic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts