VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumour has it that the new "baby Lambo" will be powered by the Audi S8 engine. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I'd say that this would be a great disappointment if they developed a Lamborghini with an engine from a different manufacturer. It just ruins the name and the image. Lamborghini has already developed a 400HP 4.0L V-10 for the Cala so they should stick to that. Audi's engines are pretty good since they have 5-valves per cylinder but I still think Lamborghini should do everything in-house. Audi should simply make sure that Lamborghini has the technical expertise in their R&D department and proper quality control to build better quality vehicles. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Re: Audi V8 Powered Baby Lamborghini (Sarian Verconna)

I agree, Lamborghini shouldn't let anyone swap another motor in. Nothing against Audi, but thats just not right. If they're gonna put anything in there though, I think it should be a W8

·
Registered
374 Posts
Re: Audi V8 Powered Baby Lamborghini (Sarian Verconna)

quote:[HR][/HR]Rumour has it that the new "baby Lambo" will be powered by the Audi S8 engine. Does anyone know if this is true or not? [HR][/HR]​
It will be a Lambo-designed V-10 pushing somewhere around 500hp. The car will be aluminum and weigh in somewhere just above the 3000 lb. mark.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Audi V8 Powered Baby Lamborghini (BracketRacer)

Are you serious? G*ddamn! That's impressive! The Murcielago is sitting at around 580HP, so it's advantage is only 80HP. I knew when they built the Cala that they couldn't build a production model in carbon fibre. It either had to be SMC or aluminum. Good choice to use aluminum. SMC just feels too cheap, like a Dodge Viper. And a V-10 is excellent, something that Ferrari doesn't have (yet). Hopefully it will be derived or very similar to the Cala's original 4.0L 400HP V-10 with variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust valves. I know earlier Diablos didn't have variable valve timing, and later models received variable valve timing only on their intake valves. Thank goodness the Murcielago has variable valve timing throughout. I just hope it has all-wheel-drive and scissor wing doors, something it probably won't in order to keep production costs down. Hurry up and build the car Lamborghini, we're all waiting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts