VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

38241 - 38260 of 38283 Posts

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
Visiting for a couple weeks. Going to be job hunting and house hunting.

Any suggestions? Gtg's? Shops looking for fabricators(currently singer vehicle design lead fabricator), good food to eat, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
Here until Sunday them moving back in sir
Well hell lol ill try and remember to post when they are meeting when i see it.

Are you already in ATX?
Here until Sunday them moving back in about month.

1984 gli 486whp
1985 westy mk2 completely stock one owner 47k miles.
2017 R stock

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry man! i only check this when im at work lol

I guess ill check back in a month. There is a meet this Sunday if you havent left but I assume you already did.

Where did you find a house? If you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
I will be back by the 15th, gonna suck moving and packing and unpacking all alone, but I'm moving into an adjustment in the round rock area.

I joined the fb group.

I'm old so I don't fit in. But it's nice to be leaving the disaster and burning ship of singer to start anew in a place we want to grow roots. I'm super stoked. Bring a like Hawaii lifestyle to the area.

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
Sorry man! i only check this when im at work lol

I guess ill check back in a month. There is a meet this Sunday if you havent left but I assume you already did.

Where did you find a house? If you dont mind me asking
Looking to buy in Leander and Georgetown next year or sooner. Gotta get settled and wiring first.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nice, I live close to round rock. and Both those towns are awesome to live in. Growing very fast!

Glad you joined! make a post about you moving here and im sure itll be welcoming. The admin and a couple other guys are older gentlemen so you got no issues! I feel like the community is always a good mix of people.

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
Thanks!

What is... older lol

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
I'm new, seems most are basic and don't really meet up much.

My mk7 R is my best, my mk2 gli is my dedicated track car. Mk2 back in Hawaii for chill cruising.

I'm in round rock.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm new, seems most are basic and don't really meet up much.

My mk7 R is my best, my mk2 gli is my dedicated track car. Mk2 back in Hawaii for chill cruising.

I'm in round rock.

Sweet rides! Golf R *drools*. Whenever you're done with your pretoria wheels, give me a shout! Haha.

Relatively new to Austin and pretty new to VW. I don't think I can go back to Hondas. If anyone in the area needs help retrofitting Mk7.5 taillights or needs to code something, I have an OBDeleven so just let me know. Basically all I'm good for (for now, at least) haha.

Also, if a white GTI with Mk7.5 taillights cuts you off. I sorry. :p

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
The R is my beater. Staying stock

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
I have Washington plates on the R, Hawaii or Montana on the mk1 lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just signed up for Austin Air Coolers - but shocker - they're mostly air cooled guys. Would love to do a parking lot meetup and cruise around Lake Travis one evening if anyone's down. personal email is mwilliams1402 at gmail. Shoot me a note if you wanna meet up and drive! I'm in southwest Austin.

38241 - 38260 of 38283 Posts