VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

38261 - 38280 of 38283 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Air Coolers is a local informal VW club. Most of those guys have air-cooled cars though and I wouldn't bank on them being a ton of fun to drive around Lake Travis with. If anyone wants to go for a ride around Austin hit me up.:wave:

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
That'd be a great Friday night thing to do. They're are a couple breweries and food stuff out there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Testing the waters on interest in a 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI Manual

Hey friends,

I have a 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI Manual, white, black leather interior, 100k miles, current license, has TDI fix. I have put in a GTI steering wheel, shifter, upgraded Bluetooth (so it works with the dashboard calling), front lip spoiler, side flairs.

Judging what interest there might be on the Austin forum for purchasing or if I should just keep it for now. I was thinking $12k

·
Registered
2 Posts
New here. Purchased a 2016 GLI as a bday present in July. Loving it so far. Been in Austin, TX for a few years now and haven't found the car scene yet. Any weekly meet ups?

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
I meet up with other cars at home nightly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any VW/Audi events around? I know that there's the air coolers thing once a month in CP, but is there anything else? My family has a few older Audis (a few 4000 Quattros, an Ur Quattro, a CQ, a B5 S4, and a couple 5000 Quattros) and I myself have a '91 Audi Coupe Quattro & a '03 diesel Jetta. I went to the Austin Cars & Coffee sometime last year and didn't really see anyone with an Audi or VW (I only stayed about an hour though). I want to take my CQ out places once it's fixed, and hopefully drag my parents and their cars out too :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
:beer::popcorn:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Been a while since i posted.

Moved to Kissimmee, Florida a few years ago.

just wanted to pop in and say hello to my old friends if they are even still around.

Just got my brothers Mk3 Harlequin recently, and a mk4 ALH Golf for the wife.

Anyway, miss everyone, and i hope yall are well! LMK if yall are coming to disney! would love to catch up and say hello or have lunch sometime!

Even Matches my shoes!
Diamond Supply Co. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

List of Mods

Dimple 3.5 Dash
mk4 3 spoke steering wheel
mk4 rear brakes
vr6 5 lug swap
H&R Coilovers
R32 bushings
all new suspension nuts and bolts
all new BFI engine and trans mounts
2 sets of OEM seats (Currently has random mk3 sport seats)
VR6 12v swap
leather door cards
key fob lock and unlock actually works (from like 10 ft away)
blue light - silver gauge face cluster
golf ball Drivers Edition shifter knob
BFI ECU chip
Techtonics full exhaust
Neuspeed filter
BFI Crack pipe

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, y'all, I'd love to connect with some VW/Audi folks around town. Also, anybody running a skid plate? I'm factory height and can clear speed bumps, but I'm thinking about adding one since the factory one is gone and I need some protection. Cheers!

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
There are several pages/groups on FB... because people can't play well together.

Texas Audi group, Austin Audi, Austin euro, Texas vw, Texas mkxxx group, Texas euro, etc, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There are several pages/groups on FB... because people can't play well together.

Texas Audi group, Austin Audi, Austin euro, Texas vw, Texas mkxxx group, Texas euro, etc, etc.

Thanks! Hope to catch you and others out on the road someday.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Someone hang out with me and drive around. Don't delay. four four three 417/6830 hit me up, let's jam.

34 from Baltimore, Mk3 guy at heart, Mk7 guy in real life. Hate that every 10th car in Maryland is modded and there seems to be almost zero interest in that around Austin. Someone play cars with meeee.

38261 - 38280 of 38283 Posts