VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 38284 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: (JakkoVR)

I too think we should go ahead and meet up at Best Buy this weekend and then we can discuss new locations. I also spoke to Kelly at MJM who said that if we were able to get a good group of dubbers together that he could try to pull some strings to get an Austin and San Antonio meet at some point (this would obviously not be on a weekly basis, but it still sounds like a cool idea).

·
Registered
417 Posts
I hate to say it but as small as our crowd is here.....our cars our way hotter and our dubbers are way cooler than anything i have seen in satx. But a combined meet would be cool.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Re: (abbeybluegti)

i have an idea for a couple of locations

the new wallmart of I35 and parmer (freakin huge ass parking lot)

i would say another place would be tinseltown parkin lot in pville would be nice to see them people drool over them dubs when they leave the theatre

another nice location would be fry's electronics parking lot of parmer and loop 1 i believe
but the bb by lakeline wouldnt be 2 bad either.

p.s. finaly got my rado running after a bastard wrecked my red 1 just need to give her some lovin and shell be just as sexy as my other 1.
im just glad im still alive cos the crash wasstn pretty.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Re: (93vr6corrado18inc)

Quote, originally posted by 93vr6corrado18inc »
i have an idea for a couple of locations

the new wallmart of I35 and parmer (freakin huge ass parking lot)

i would say another place would be tinseltown parkin lot in pville would be nice to see them people drool over them dubs when they leave the theatre

another nice location would be fry's electronics parking lot of parmer and loop 1 i believe
but the bb by lakeline wouldnt be 2 bad either.

p.s. finaly got my rado running after a bastard wrecked my red 1 just need to give her some lovin and shell be just as sexy as my other 1.
im just glad im still alive cos the crash wasstn pretty.

I like the location area...I was also looking in that area. I used to work at Fry's. Tinseltown would be a good location. The only thing with Walmart, the old folk might call the cops if anyone does anything stupid. Same with Fry's, Im sure they would ask us to leave. We could go to the Big Lots parking lot next to it though, but its close to the PD and the people who work at frys have fast and the furious attitudes. so we run the risk of some guy squealing tires near us...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: (atxtj)

I was a little late getting there because this ******* cop at UT pulled me over and gave me a citation claiming that I ran a stop sign. Which, in short, is horse ****... I didn't do it. Anyway, NO ONE WAS THERE. Did everyone leave by 9:30?????

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Re: (dmiller9254)

I didn't make it out. My car is back in the body shop. Once it is out I will make sure to come out to show off the newness!!!

·
Registered
957 Posts

Hmm. Well, were it not for that jerkoff rent-a-cop at UT I would have made it in time. Hopefully, if there is one next weekend, I'll make it in time. I might also have my new parts on the car by then too. That would be cool.

·
Registered
7,694 Posts
Re: (dmiller9254)

I don't what time they left the Best Buy, but I met up with them at the taco cabana later that night around 10 ish?
Way to go fella's way to represent at the car show. Me, Jake, and Seth repruhzent!

·
Registered
E39 M5, E46 325i Touring, F30 328dX Touring
3,860 Posts
Re: (cort_337_)

dam, i miss austin...
now the comment about the SATX crew, kinda true, the guys are pretty cool, the are some that are eh, ok, some of them went off and started there own "club", the original one was strictlyea.com.
also, there are so many more BMWs than VWs, so kinda kills the vibe, nothing against bimmers, its just a diff crowd.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Re: (bombardi)

Quote, originally posted by bombardi »
dam, i miss austin...
now the comment about the SATX crew, kinda true, the guys are pretty cool, the are some that are eh, ok, some of them went off and started there own "club", the original one was strictlyea.com.
also, there are so many more BMWs than VWs, so kinda kills the vibe, nothing against bimmers, its just a diff crowd.

Did you move? It's not like Pville is far from Austin. You act as if you are on another planet?

·
Registered
E39 M5, E46 325i Touring, F30 328dX Touring
3,860 Posts
Re: (Grey Mouser)

Quote, originally posted by Grey Mouser »

Did you move? It's not like Pville is far from Austin. You act as if you are on another planet?

i go to school in SATX, i come home every two or three weeks, but SA is much diff than austin, diff atmosphere, and the people are diff here too, too man stuck up internationals. oh yea, the roads are freakin horrible here. and my last GTI was broken into and they stole my headunit, subs and amp.

·
Registered
10,808 Posts
wait, im selling my car. yea that right check it out in the sig.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Re: (beachball6)

Quote, originally posted by beachball6 »
wait, im selling my car. yea that right check it out in the sig.

If you get the STi how am I suposed to whoop up on you?

·
Registered
10,808 Posts

Quote, originally posted by atxtj »

exactly, but it have a feeling it will be a while
so feel free to try and beat me next month.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: (Zwei Dubs)

wellllllllllll i'm new to the area and looking for some fellow vw guys in around. both mine are being gay so i'm stuck in a jeep right now...but yeah just thought i'd drop by and say hi, hey, and hello!

·
Registered
957 Posts

Quote, originally posted by atxtj »

APR stage 3+ for your 1.8t
OR
EIP stage 2 for your VR

41 - 60 of 38284 Posts