VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys running with your autos and what mods do you have? I can never find times in the 1.8 section and I had no idea this group even existed until yesterday. Please share!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: Auto 1/4 Mile Times (2OVTurboJetta)

my one & only time at a track was at cecil a couple weeks back when i was visiting my inlaws in DE (near "bear")
ran a disappointing 14.55 @ 96.24 w/2.39 60'
engine mods- APR 93/100, K04, 2.5" TB, DV, K&N
i'd like to get in the 13's, should i ever get to a track again.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Re: Auto 1/4 Mile Times (petesell)

petesell- How was it after you added a KO4 w/ the APR chip? Noticeably faster? Any problems? I've been thinking about bolting up a KO4 when I do my dp install and then adding the proper software later. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: Auto 1/4 Mile Times (GTIturbo6400)

since i already had APR it was well worth it. for $200 i got a loaded (stock/93/100/valet/tba/fce) chip.
no problems at all except for when i blew off an IC hose right after it was 1st installed. but i saw that as a GOOD thing.
gains are quite noticeable after 3K. not quite the difference as when you first get chipped, but there's definitely a grin factor. the thing i like about the K04 is it spools the same as the K03 & you can retain the stock driveability, while keeping the tranny within it's safe limits.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts

For you guys that drag race your autos, do you find that your times are more consistant when compared to a manual car? I mean, it would seem so considering that we can't miss-shift and all we have to do is put the gas pedal down to the floor.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote, originally posted by petesell »
my one & only time at a track was at cecil a couple weeks back when i was visiting my inlaws in DE (near "bear")
ran a disappointing 14.55 @ 96.24 w/2.39 60'
engine mods- APR 93/100, K04, 2.5" TB, DV, K&N
i'd like to get in the 13's, should i ever get to a track again.

That is the same track that I run at! My best in in my sig and my best trap was a very low 96 mph one..... (on a cold night)
Your ran that time with the engine mods you listed above?

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Re: Auto 1/4 Mile Times (Mikes72sb)

Quote, originally posted by Mikes72sb »
For you guys that drag race your autos, do you find that your times are more consistant when compared to a manual car?

Consistency and low 60' times are two things we do have going for us. On stock GY rubber, stock susp and mounts I can still turn a 60' that is always right in the 2.1 area. My 1/4 times aren't fast (yet) but always within a max of .2 of each other.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Re: Auto 1/4 Mile Times (Jetta_1.8Tip)

You know, an auto with a good driver would be real good at bracket racing. Probably a great alternative to heads-up for us, since consistancy is what rules bracket racing, not all-out speed.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Re: Auto 1/4 Mile Times (Jetta_1.8Tip)

Quote, originally posted by Jetta_1.8Tip »
Shhh.. don't give out our secrets

Ok. If we keep talking about this, everyone will want an automatic

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Re: Auto 1/4 Mile Times (Mikes72sb)

If you havent seen posts by vwvroom (or something like that) , this guy run in high 12 on stock turbo and 4-speed tranny, well he used 50-shot, but MAN!!!!!, isn't that impressive.
Not under any circumstances I would go and drag race (Well may be...)
but I hope my car will be that fast.
Go 4-speed go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts