VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted before about how something might be messed up in VCDS with my fog lights. But now my headlights no longer turn on automatically. I have been through VCDS and made sure nothing was checked that would disable this feature (unless I'm missing something). I had a Euro switch (with Auto). Car came with auto headlights that worked up until recently. Now I have to manually put the switch to ON for the headlights for them to turn on, no matter the light level outside (could be middle of the night). I have checked the switch and it's not that (put the old US Spec one back in). This leads me to think that the light sensor which tells your lights when to turn on and off may be bad. Does anyone know where this is located and what the P/N is? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I experienced the same problem with mine since i got it back from the repair shop. I noticed the windsheild sensor was missing and i am getting it back soon but could that be the problem? I also noticed that my fog lights sopped turning on when i turned the wheel. I did check if the feature was selected and it was. Did you experience this as well? I had an accident in which both headlights had to be replaced as well as the windsheild. I fear that the new headlights might be different from the other ones but they do look exacly the same.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I experienced the same problem with mine since i got it back from the repair shop. I noticed the windsheild sensor was missing and i am getting it back soon but could that be the problem? I also noticed that my fog lights sopped turning on when i turned the wheel. I did check if the feature was selected and it was. Did you experience this as well? I had an accident in which both headlights had to be replaced as well as the windsheild. I fear that the new headlights might be different from the other ones but they do look exacly the same.

I have an issue where my fog lights won't turn on without the cornering lights. I don't have them set up so they turn on while I'm turning, but my cornering lights don't ever come on now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts