VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going on wednesday, just curious of a few things...
my dad is looking at the new S4's did they let you sit in them? what interior's did they have? did they have any tiptronic ones? and did they have the 3 or 4 spoke steering wheel?
did they let you sit in the new Jetta GLI??? what colour was it???
did they let you sit in the new BMW 6 series??? what tranny did it have?
could you sit in an SMG BMW's???
TIA
if you have any pics from the show, any cars please post em'
thanks

·
Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
19,963 Posts
Re: Auto Show Questions???... (fitch)

I went on Friday. On the first day of the show, there are more cars unlocked than any other day of the show.
The S4's were unlocked on Friday but I am sure they'll be locked when you go there.
All VW's except the Phaetons were unlocked. That included the GLI and the V6/V8/V10 Touaregs (these even had the power still hooked up so you could play with the stereos. Don't count on them being like that when you go though).
BTW that GLI had sticker of $33,000.00+
None of the BMW's were unlocked - not a chance in hell that the new 6-series would have been unlocked anyways.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Auto Show Questions???... (MEIN_VW)

what colour was the new GLI?
what exterior and interior did the S4's have?

·
Banned
2,013 Posts

Sometimes I do not get the AUTO SHOW, they lock the doors on the cars after you have paid close to $35 per person to be there, and then when you go to the dealership, they treat you like sh!t and then have a enough nerve to ask if I can make a decision today.

·
Banned
14,183 Posts
Re: Auto Show Questions???... (blood red GTI)

I'm sure they'll unlock a door or two for you dad if they see he's interested in buying. They just want to keep the 300,000 or so unwashed masses from walking through their cars.

·
Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
19,963 Posts

If you look at most of the cars on display, the cars that are unlocked have had the shift knobs and dials removed because people steal them.
Many of the cars I looked at even had the jack and lug wrenches removed. That says a lot about how pathetic people can be when they go to the auto show.
You're being locked out of many cars simply because other people can't behave themselves.

Modified by MEIN_VW at 10:04 AM 2-17-2004

·
Banned
22,490 Posts
Re: Auto Show Questions???... (hawc)

I went yesterday I was able to Sit in the Phaeton supervised of course by a rep of course. It was funney everybody was asking the same questions
Why did VW build it ?
why are they taking Sales away from Audi ?
Why isn't the Lupo and Polo comming to Canada?
These Questions were being asked by All walks of life
I was surprised with Audi's Display All the Cars were open with the acception of the Yellow TT and the RS6. Surprisingly the A8L was open
Very Nice I feel it was much nicer than the Phaetons Interior.
the S4 was incredible those Seats are adjustable on about 1000 different ways. with my 6'5" 250LBs frame I was very surprised with the amount of room in the Audi's Compared to other Cars in comparable size

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Auto Show Questions???... (PrupleGTI)

thanks guys http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts