VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 SE 4motion, and I did some quick searching but I'm hoping I missed something and someone can point me in the right direction.
I dont want it permanently disabled by disconnecting the voltage wire or something, but I do find the feature to be quite annoying 87% of the time.
In my 340i the button disables the feature and it stays disabled until I manually reactivate it. Is this a possibility in the Tiguan? Hell, I'd even be happy if it defaulted to disabled and I can turn it on the few times I'd like it by pressing the button.

Someone tell me this is doable and point me in the right direction please.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
669 Posts
Read, please....

Bob.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read, please....

Bob.
Bob, so exactly how does this answer my question. 1 it talks about permanently disabling it (which I expressed above I wasn't looking to do), and 2 it talks about how to do it on a year prior to mine which others have spoken about them not being the same and the same "fix" doesn't work for newer models. Maybe I missed something, but I'm hoping you can point me in a better direction to "read" than this.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
669 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Use Search and Read please

·
Registered
345 Posts
If there’s one topic that comes up ad nauseum on this platform it’s this one. So many discussions, threads, etc both here and on several other forums about this, and how to disable it temporarily, permanently, on pre-2020 and post-2020 models. No need to create yet another discus thread, is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'20 SE R Line Black
73 Posts
You could get an APR tune: that disables the Auto Start/Stop function but you can press the button to re-activate it when/as needed. When APR releases a 22 tune of course

BTW I petition to rename the Auto Start/Stop "ASS". You're welcome 😂

·
Registered
2020 Platinum Gray R-Line Black Edition
32 Posts
I too found this feature to be super annoying 100% of the time. As others have already mentioned there is no way to disable it without disconnecting the voltage directly from the battery....not recommended IMO. I (like many others) purchased a harness that reverses the feature. The Auto Start/Stop defaults to ON even time the car is started, but the harness reverses that so it defaults to OFF and can be turned back on at any time. I think OhioSpyderman already put a link in here in post #4 for you. It's an inexpensive solution to the problem and the install only takes 20min or so with just a screwdriver needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1st mod on my Wife's.
Tiguan Start/Stop Solution for 2018 up
Please dont buy **** from China.

·
Registered
2020 R Line Black Edition> 2022 R Line Black Edition
62 Posts
Myself (and several others) have purchased THIS solution.

It allows for 3 modes, Permanently OFF, Remember LAST mode, Factory Operation.

Bob.

EDIT: And you can CHANGE the mode at any time with simple button presses (sequence).
I would assume that this harness will work on a 2022?

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
669 Posts
I have to be 100% truthful, I honestly do not know.
I am fairly new to VW myself, and my 2021 SEL P R-line is my first.
If I would have to make a guess, I would say yes, as I don't believe much has changed (some additional lighting, the addition of 2 more "sensors" in the front fenders and some other small things) between the 21 and 22 model years.
Perhaps someone with a 22, who has installed this device will chime in....

Bob.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
669 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts