VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/11 @ Moroso

Greetings boys (and girls).
So this weekend is the IDRC Sport Compact Drags at Moroso Motorsports Park.
Saturday is Test & Tune and Qualifying.
Sunday is Qualifying runs (pt 2), timed runs, zoo crew show offs, the show n' shine, and then the awards presentation.
I plan on heading out to catch the races on sunday. I'm posting this to see who wants to cruise on up there with me. I plan on leaving by 9:30am.
The plan is this:
Meet @ the Burger King on Bird Rd. and 117th Ave for breakfast at 8:45am.
Depart NO LATER than 9:30am.
Arrive at moroso before 11:00am.
Enjoy the day at the track.
For those who are unaware, please note that there is also a VW category, and it's not too late to register, however, i do suggest you find out the details from the moroso website (http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com) so that you have all the info you need to show your car.
Our route will be the Turnpike North to PGA Blvd, then to the track. I'm sure you boys already know the drill and don't need to be reminded about being on time.
If you plan to attend bring your 2 way radios! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
So ok, with all that said, WHO'S COMING WITH ME?

1. TwoLitreVW +2
2. the Ricker
3. quicksilver337
4. Danny & Mary
5. Neo2ooo

[Modified by TwoLitreVW, 2:57 PM 8-9-2002]

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Re: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/10 @ Moroso (TwoLitreVW)

Excuse me, you forgot to mention stopping off in Boca @10am to pick-up 20-Valves

Sheesh...
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
6,159 Posts
Re: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/10 @ Moroso (Velocity731)

quote:[HR][/HR]I am down , but first we must see how the mighty pocket is doing...madd bills , no $$$$[HR][/HR]​
Anything new ?

Man, I think you should start selling more arepa's

· Registered
1,875 Posts
Re: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/10 @ Moroso (Carlos R. Quesada)

Me and the "Mad i-Vtec" might be going, heck, I might be racing. We'll see.
I'm heading up Wednesday for sure.
Steve

· Registered
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/10 @ Moroso (ssvr6)

weak.
a bunch of maybes and we'll sees. come on girls, suck it up.
nothing makes those vinyl sporting, stereo thumping, air bag bouncing, frame scraping, coffee can exhaust tipped, ghetto fabulous sitting, sewing machine powered, would be wannabe racers more nervous than a parking lot full of german cars (and respective owners) watching them just to laugh at every single red light, bad launch, missed shift, and poor ET to happen.
and there's also going to be some mighty quick sub-10 second cars there too.
so how bout it?

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Re: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/10 @ Moroso (TwoLitreVW)

I'll go whatever day as long as we can all go up together... It seems that everyone isn't in sync, we have a saturday here, a sunday there, and we got Steve goin on Wed
I'll go whenever... - just let me know!

· Registered
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/10 @ Moroso (20-Valves)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'll go whatever day as long as we can all go up together... It seems that everyone isn't in sync, we have a saturday here, a sunday there, and we got Steve goin on Wed
I'll go whenever... - just let me know!
[HR][/HR]​
please note that this thread is for those of us who are going on SUNDAY ONLY.
just as it says in the subject heading: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/11 @ Moroso
so how bout it girls?

[Modified by TwoLitreVW, 12:44 PM 8-6-2002]

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Re: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/10 @ Moroso (quicksilver337)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey Lou doesn't Sunday fall on 11th of August.

I'm still going anyway so...count me in http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[HR][/HR]​
Now you know why I am so

Count me in for Sunday! Can we meet up in Boca like we did for the last Moroso meet?

· Registered
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/10 @ Moroso (20-Valves)

yes. you're right. sunday is the 11th.
but the event starts on saturday.
however, i'm only going to be attending on sunday the 11th. sorry for not making that clear.

· Registered
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Autobahn Touring: Roll Call for IDRC Import Drags 8/10 @ Moroso (Neo2ooo)

quote:[HR][/HR]where can I get a 2 way radio for a good price?[HR][/HR]​
Well, i know arepa says that they have the best prices at walmart (and so far he's right). I believe they have a pair of uniden for something under $30.
I was just at best buy, however, and they have 22 channel unidens for $24 a pair.
It's a good investment for the use that we give them on our cruises and such. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.