VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got hit on the side. Front driverside door, fender and rim. The car drives but pulls to the right and steering wheel is not centered. Traction light is on which means traction control is off and and it doesnt turn on with a switch, which is why autohold is not working, although parking brake works...

Is this a sensor issue because alighment is really off? Or something else to worry about as far as traction control. Drove the car home about 20 miles with no issues... will need to put about 200 miles on it before i can drop it off at the shop...
Let me know your thoughts...

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
My thoughts:

First just get your car suspension fixed and get it aligned! Make sure everything is mechanically good and then go deal with the traction control issues.

Not every problem can be fixed by "replacing a sensor". I would recommend scanning the car with VCDS to get a starting point. You can also run logs with VCDS to see if something is off. then take it from there

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a bad speed sensor that throws a light on the dash. Whenever it lights up my autohold stops working. If the light goes out, the autohold starts working. I have a new one on order. Just thought you might like the insight.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.
Yea i now remember that its related and when you turn off traction it stops...
Do you have more info on the sensor? Part number, location?

Car is going in to the body shop tomorrow. They said they have a full mechanic on site so hope my car will be all set once i get it back...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got hit on the side. Front driverside door, fender and rim. The car drives but pulls to the right and steering wheel is not centered. Traction light is on which means traction control is off and and it doesnt turn on with a switch, which is why autohold is not working, although parking brake works...

Is this a sensor issue because alighment is really off? Or something else to worry about as far as traction control. Drove the car home about 20 miles with no issues... will need to put about 200 miles on it before i can drop it off at the shop...
Let me know your thoughts...
My car was hit on the right frontfender,bumpercover,headlight,lover control arm bent ,tierod end bent,cv axle shaft bent, after replacing everything and including new set of 19 inch wheels, my car is telling me I have a (ESC) traction control fault, and that my right front tire is flat. What could it be?

·
Registered
544 Posts
My car was hit on the right frontfender,bumpercover,headlight,lover control arm bent ,tierod end bent,cv axle shaft bent, after replacing everything and including new set of 19 inch wheels, my car is telling me I have a (ESC) traction control fault, and that my right front tire is flat. What could it be?
Resurrected!!

Have you checked the wheel-speed/ABS sensor/connector on the front-right? That could contribute to the traction control issue. The car indicating a flat tire could simply be the TPMS sensor went bad/battery died...did they re-use the old ones from the wheels that were replaced?

Quickest way to figure it out is to get the car scanned to see what codes are there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Resurrected!!

Have you checked the wheel-speed/ABS sensor/connector on the front-right? That could contribute to the traction control issue. The car indicating a flat tire could simply be the TPMS sensor went bad/battery died...did they re-use the old ones from the wheels that were replaced?

Quickest way to figure it out is to get the car scanned to see what codes are there.
I replaced both lower control arms right cv axle tie rod end abs/wheel sensor and wheels myself as well as the fender headlight etc. Basically I am doing the work myself, now my right wheel looks like its cambered (tilted inwards on top). Could it be my strut assembly is bent.? Any help will be greatly appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts