VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the trend Buick and Land Rover started is spreading like wildfire.

I am not a fan.

Any other examples of terrible side vents?

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's getting worse and worse...

... but even worse are the stick-on "vents" that certain types think add class and stature to their vehicles.

·
Registered
563 Posts
As much as I like some of Buick's newer stuff, I would/could NEVER buy a Buick that had fender vents/portholes. I understand it's Buick's thing. I get that. It's just a really stupid thing to have.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Uggh, side vents. I hate them too. I expected them to go away in the last few years, yet they become more prevalent.

Like this one: it doesn't even line up with the side body character lines. It creates 2 mini character lines that take away from the overall form.

·
Registered
32,159 Posts
I get why people hate these, but designers doing things just for the sake of style isn't exactly a new concept.

P.S. The vent on the 3-Series GT is functional :p

·
Registered
17,434 Posts
i'm kind of getting sick of led drls too.
Me too. I thought they were cool at first and I was actually disappointed that my 2011 Golf TDI didn't have them but the 2012 version did...then I saw them in person and ever since then this LED DRL trend bothers me. IDK why exactly...maybe it's just because some of them are just too damn bright and glaring even in full sun at high noon?

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
Uggh, side vents. I hate them too. I expected them to go away in the last few years, yet they become more prevalent.

Like this one: it doesn't even line up with the side body character lines. It creates 2 mini character lines that take away from the overall form.

I don't mind the new escape, except for that goddamn vent. It looks turrible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts