VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless I'm going crazy the way previous version of the software worked the way threads are marked as read changed. Before I would visit the site and it would show me all the new content since my last visit. I would click through threads of interest, but not all threads that have had new posts since last visit. Then I would leave. When I would come back the next time (next day or whatever), it would only show me what has changed since my last visit. Not since the last time I visited the specific thread. Basically it seems that before it would mark everything read automatically after your session expired. Now I have to click the "Mark All Read" manually after every visit. Is there a better way?

·
Administrator
3,810 Posts
I am not quite sure I understand.

When you click NEW it displays all new UNREAD posts. Once you have read a post it will not display there again until there is another new reply.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not quite sure I understand.

When you click NEW it displays all new UNREAD posts. Once you have read a post it will not display there again until there is another new reply.

- Cricket
I don't click on NEW because I have 0 interest in seeing posts across multiple subforums. I have bookmarked the specific model subofurm I'm interested in, such as MK7 Golf R. When I go there, I don't see everything that's new since the last time I visited the site. I see everything new since the last time I clicked on the particular thread. Lets say there 2 new threads, one and I only click into one of them. The other I'm not interested in. Next day when I visit the site the 2nd thread will still show as new, even though nothing changed in it since my last visit. It's still new because I never clicked into it to begin with. This is different than how the site used to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts