VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting a tattoo, a second one actually. I got my first a few years back and like everyone said, want a second one. Actually i've wanted another about the next day after I got my first!
So I got to thinking, cars are my main interest, my main hobby, something that takes up WAY to much of my spare time and money.... why not get a tattoo that will express that. After all thats one of the reasons you get one.
Any ideas on just what to get, cause I cant seem to find anything. I know it's really only up to me, however mabey if i see something I like, it will point me in the right direction.
Pics or artwork welcome!!!

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Re: Automovtive related tattoos (GtiVR6Guy)

I think it's unfortunate that the best automotive related tattoo that most people come up with ends up being a brand logo.
Your passion for cars wouldn't be possible without chemistry, there is beauty in a hydrocarbon molecule, . How about the spiraling impeller blades of a turbine compressor? Or a close up view of gears locking together. Or a telephoto shot of a camshaft looking down the lengthwise. Or an angular valve opening to meet its cutout within a piston.
There are many beautiful mechanical and chemical forms that you might not regret having with you the rest of your life. Ive always wanted to get a tat, but after witnessing some friends painful mistakes I promised myself I'd wait a year to ensure I liked a design before making it permanent.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Re: Automovtive related tattoos (Henry)

Quote, originally posted by Henry »
There are many beautiful mechanical and chemical forms that you might not regret having with you the rest of your life. Ive always wanted to get a tat, but after witnessing some friends painful mistakes I promised myself I'd wait a year to ensure I liked a design before making it permanent.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Look around think about it, dont be to hasty. Get it drawn up, and look at it every day. If you still like it after a year, then go ahead and get it. If you are ho-hum about it don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts