VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just bought me a 270 autotech hydro cam, cause the cam that is in my car has a gash in it, so it leaks oil. i was wondering if i needed to buy or replace anything else for the cam to run properly, like a chip or valve springs- which i dont think it has. i would apreciate any help.

·
Registered
21,252 Posts
First of all, what the hell do you mean by this....
Quote »
cause the cam that is in my car has a gash in it, so it leaks oil

Cams dont have gashes...at least none that I know of. Where is it leaking oil?
Things to get when you replace the camshaft....
Valve cover gasket
upper/lower manifold gasket
cam seal
Things to UPGRADE to run that cam in you 97 2.0:
Techtonics Tuning dual valve springs upgrade kit.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Re: autotech 270 cam... need help! (poyg06)

if your lifters are bad/ticking great time to replace them they are about 8 bucks each and once the cam is out they are right there. if the valve stem seals are shot you can replace them at this time as well but i beleive you need a couple of specialty tools.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: autotech 270 cam... need help! (poyg06)

ok the cam has a glash right where the cam seal is at. i know its not common for the cam to have it, but i guess when my wife had the car, while i was in Korea, and took it to get the head gasket replaced they scrapped the cam or something. the point is that i changed the cam seasl and its still leaking, cause the gash runs where the seal seats. i appreciate all the help, but i think im just going to get the 260, so i wouldnt have to spend so much money on my work car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.