VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with there exhaust's? I am thinking of buying one for my 16V.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Autotech Exhaust (Nappy94)

Sounds good, I think I am going to buy there aluminized exhaust. If anyone else is selling there exhaust or know's of better exhaust post your opinion.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts

I put there alum exaust on my sisters 8v. Very quiet. she had a 268 cam, P&P'd head and it was still quiet.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Re: Autotech Exhaust (veedub90gli)

Yeah, their exhausts are pretty cheap too. I think I saw an aluminized system for an A2 for like 170$...

·
Registered
6,997 Posts

The May '02 edition of Grassroots Motorsports tested ten systems on a '92 8V Digifant and it posted some of the best numbers... Autotech Aluminized (77.3 hp, 98.1 lb. ft, 94 db); TT w/ Borla (78.8 hp, 98.3 lb. ft, 98 db) Eurosport (80.4 hp, 96.1 lb. ft, 98 db); Supersprint w/ no resonator (77.5 hp, 96.3 lb. ft, 100 db); Jetex (78.2 hp, 96.5 lb. ft, 94 db)... whereas the stock was 74.5 hp, 95.9 lb. ft, 93 db.
If go with Autotech & you plan on keeping the car more than 3 years, I'd suggest their SS system... plus, it sounds awesome. If you go with the aluminized, make sure it's mounted so the drain hole is properly positioned, especially if you take lots of short trips where the system doesn't really heat up enough... otherwise, the rear Dynomax SuperTurbo muff will rot from the inside out in about 3-4 years. For increased longevity and better looks, it'll help to apply (& re-apply) some hi-temp black paint.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Re: Autotech Exhaust (niels_dale)

I have it on my car, me=very pleased. Its a sinch to install yourself, they fit very well, and it gives a nice sound, yet when you get above 3-4k it'll really scream.

·
Registered
162 Posts

I just installed the Autotech exhaust on my 2.0L 16v a couple of days ago. It's nice. It took only about an hour and a half and it sounds great, not too loud. Autotech also makes a black exhaust tip that looks really good and it's cheap.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Re: Autotech Exhaust (jpthewookie)

Autotech systems are ok, but I've always used Techtonics systems. Plus, they've
been making them a lot longer than Autotech. I've also seen LOTS of blown
mid-mufflers on the Autotech system, which I think they may have addressed, but
I'm not sure.
Don't sue, just stating my opinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts