VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,156 Posts
Re: Autotech Fuel Pump Kit Seized (ed j)

Quote, originally posted by ed j »
Need help. I purchase the Autotech fuel pump kit and had it installed by my mechanic, who is highly qualify. He ran into an issue with the pump being seized. This is what he wrote to me:
"Hi Ed, concerning your autotech fuel pump upgrade, I installed yesterday, and today I took it for a test drive, and the car went into limp mode so I pulled in the garage and pulled off the pump again, checked the piston, and it was seized into the pump. I took it apart again, recleaned it, polished it, and put it back. It appeared to be working fine off the car, not seized and moving in and out smoothly. I reinstalled it in the car and went for a drive. It was fine until I floored it, then it went to limp mode again.
I pulled off the pump AGAIN, and noticed that the piston was fully compressed and seized again. I put back your oem piston and sleeve, and the car runs perfectly again.
Upon further inspection of the autotech piston and sleeve, I noticed scarring of the piston and the bore of the sleeve."

Something smells fishy.....

There are already other people with the pump that are having 0 problems...
Maybe you should have bought the "0 problems" APR pump.....

P.S.Oh and the "cry for help" was a nice touch...Who are you calling for exactly inside this forum ??If you wanted to contact Autotech, there are other ways...I don't buy it sorry...

Modified by GolfRS at 12:40 AM 10-26-2007

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me buddy. I'm in a jam and have contacted Autotech as well. I'm not here to ripped anyone. Also, I know someone else that has a seized pump issue as well. But he didn't want to post it. I hope he does jump in and say something.
I'm just trying to solve this issue so that other who do run into the same problem can benefit.
Modified by ed j at 5:27 PM 10-25-2007

Modified by ed j at 5:28 PM 10-25-2007

· Registered
4,156 Posts
Re: (ed j)

Trust me buddy. I'm in a jam and have contacted Autotech as well. I'm not here to ripped anyone. Also, I know someone else that has a seized pump issue as well. But he didn't want to post it. I hope he does jump in and say something.
I'm just trying to solve this issue so that other who do run into the same problem can benefit.
Modified by ed j at 5:27 PM 10-25-2007

Modified by ed j at 5:28 PM 10-25-2007

If you contacted Autotech, you should post their reply.
You are aware of course this post is gonna turn ugly VERY SOON.....

BTW i have the Autotech parts also coming my way, so i'm also curious.I just don't see something like that happening so early in the parts life.Couldn't this be an installation error ?

Modified by GolfRS at 12:34 AM 10-26-2007

· Registered
4,156 Posts
Re: (BIGNICKSGTIS420)

Quote, originally posted by BIGNICKSGTIS420 »
That depends on you

Well i'm the first one that doesn't want all of the above to be true, since i've already bought the parts.But i don't work for Autotech, and i did spend money on this.
I just don't like to see "setups", since i'm certain no one has any doubt APR is gonna be all over this....Maybe they can help the OP...

· Registered
4,156 Posts
Re: (ed j)

I did get a reply and a replacement part will be sent out. Will keep everyone posted.

That sounds fair.
I'm hoping you were just "unlucky"

· Banned
135 Posts
Re: Autotech Fuel Pump Kit Seized ()

Hello All,
It has been brought to our attention that some of the first batch of our Hi-Volume Fuel Pumps were ground incorrectly on the inside of the sleeve. This has been corrected, and replacement parts are on the shelf and ready to ship. If you have one of our fuel pump kits, please contact Autotech @ 1-800-553-1055, and ask for Nate. We will ship you another piston and sleeve combo, and send a call tag for your parts. The incorrectly ground parts have resulted in the fuel pump siezing, and the car then goes into "limp" mode. Again, please contact us @ 1-800-553-1055 to get this issue resolved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.