VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to an autocross event in my friends M3, and now I want to get a RWD second vehicle that can be my summer/autox car. Thing is it needs to have a somewhat functional rear seat for my (1 year old son) ,of course has to have a standard transmission, and be available for under $10,000. The only things I keep thinking of so far that fits the bill are BMW’s and older M3’s. looking for some guidance/opinions from TLC. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
RX-8, Hyundai Gensis, modern pony cars if you are willing to up the budget a little.

Scroll through here and see what catches your eye. FYI it is not 100% up to date but a convenient way to browse and see cars you may not have thought of.

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Lists/2011/stockc.html

There are not all that many RWD/4 seat/cheap cars, all things considered. What's wrong with AWD? Have you driven a good-handling fwd car?

Look at 80s and older semi-classic sedans and 2+2s...Alfa Milano/GTV, Porsche 944/924, Camaro/Mustang, RX-7, Merkur, Nissan Z cars...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Your profile says you have a 1980 Trans Am.

Do some research on ESP and C-Prepared cars. :p

But in all honesty, I'm of the opinion you'll learn better driving a car you're most familiar with so you can concentrate more on driving correctly and less on getting used an unfamiliar car - meaning run your 337 for a season or two, then start thinking about a different car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts