VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Autox pics from 05/16/04 (wickedcooldubba)

Quote, originally posted by wickedcooldubba »
cool pictures, what shutter speed were they using?

I'm not too sure on the shutter speed, I got the pics off the internet...if I see him at my next event I will ask.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Re: Autox pics from 05/16/04 (Jilly16V)

Barstow is awesome. If I was going to drive all the way back to MI to run a local event, it'd be Barstow for sure.
Don't beat up the boys too much, Jill!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Autox pics from 05/16/04 (gsrroger)

I was wondering where your were!!!! So I guess you moved then! I hope everything is well in MN, Derek and I leave for Anchorage at the end of June. How is the Mini treating you?

·
Registered
22 Posts

Damn, your car is tight. It's too bad you had to go and fix it... I still want your doors.

Sure makes me want to get the Fly GTI up an runnin.

-J

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

Quote, originally posted by wickedcooldubba »
cool pictures, what shutter speed were they using?

Probably between 1/60 and 1/125. I sometimes use 1/60 at autocrosses if I can go that slow, but usually it's 1/125 in sunshine.

·
Registered
589 Posts

Not alot of 3-wheelin going on there Jilly; nice flat tracking. What is your suspension setup? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Autox pics from 05/16/04 (maxorange7)

Quote, originally posted by maxorange7 »
Not alot of 3-wheelin going on there Jilly; nice flat tracking. What is your suspension setup? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I have H&R coilovers, poly and delrin suspension bushings, Ground Control camber/caster plates, and H&R sway bars should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts

Do u use rubber bushings or poly? also you said you hit 3rd.....so i take it most autox events are in 1st / 2nd gear? (i'm new to the whole auto-x scene and tryin to get my 91 golf into it)

Modified by JediKGB at 2:36 AM 6-5-2004

·
Registered
159 Posts

Hey Jill,
Did you ever get that sputtering taken care of?? What was/is the problem? You have a beautiful car, but it didn't sound too happy in Flint last weekend.
In case you are wondering, I was the Silver 02' GTI 337 in GS.
Hope you and your car have a safe trip to Alaska.
Travis
EDIT - those are great pics of your motor. Who did that swap for you? Being in the midwest, it may be handy knowing who does this quality of work.

Modified by VW337 at 4:34 PM 6-10-2004

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Autox pics from 05/16/04 (VW337)

Hey Travis,
Well...I busted a hole in my distributor cap and then coolant got in there and yeah....my car didn't want to run...it's fine now! I'm taking my car in this weekend to get started on the megasquirt system and then it's off to Alaska at the end of the month. Ben Zeeuw did my motor swap and he lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Great guy, check out his website http://www.zeeuwperformance.com
Have a great season if I don't see you before I leave.
Jill

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Autox pics from 05/16/04 (gsrroger)

Sweet!! How do you like it autoxing? I bet it is a blast to drive!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts