VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first VW after being a loyal to the Japanese for as long as I can remember.

It's a Silver/Black 2.0T, Option #2, Dynaudio and feels and looks awesome!
I have a couple of questions, hope someone can atleast point in the right direction:
1. Can you run an aux audio in - for mounted GPS, MP3 player etc. using the glove-box CD changer port?
2. Let's say one was to find and adapter that fits? How do you select the new audio source? I tried looking for stuff online but none of them seem to be the right match so far.
3. The dealer mentioned about the iPod integration kit coming out in November - but that that won't let me plug in audio from a GPS unit. In this case #1 would be the better solution.
Cheers,
vwmacfan

· Registered
7,462 Posts
Re: Aux audio through glove box CD changer (vwmacfan)

Quote, originally posted by vwmacfan »
1. Can you run an aux audio in - for mounted GPS, MP3 player etc. using the glove-box CD changer port?

Yes, you can get the adapter you need from http://www.enfig.com. After that you just select the CD changer as the input on the head unit and whatever you plug into the adapter will play through the speakers.
Note that these adapters replace the CD changer, so you can't use both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.