VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to get the rear side window sunblinds like the one I have on the rear window but they don't show them on vw's accessories site anymore. Are these no longer available?
Also, for those that have them, do they interfere with the window opening and closing? Can you open the door without having to put the shade down? I'm not sure where they would attach, that's why the questions.
I can't stand the suction cup shades and my daughter screams when the sun hits her face so I need to do something. And unfortunately, tinting the windows is not an option for me
Husband says NO.

Thank you!
Kris

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Re: Availability/Questions-Rear Side Window Sunblinds/Shades (kimmers71)

I hate the suction cup shades too and I am torn on tint. But since my sun is more important than my hang ups with the little shades I settled on this:

http://drivergear.vw.com/store...=2749
For only ten dollars you can't go wrong. It does need to be removed if you lower the window all the way. Mine attached with velcro to the door so I can lower the window without the bottom suction cup being an issue.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
34,109 Posts
Re: Availability/Questions-Rear Side Window Sunblinds/Shades (kimmers71)

Just curious, why is your husband against tinting the windows?
IMO, tinting the windows is great for security (if you live in an area of frequent car break-ins), and keeping the car cool in the summer time, and less glare at night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts