VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From luxury4play

Looks like it started from the wheel!

Car Fire - 73 South Past El Toro Rd 12:06 PM
* Black Lambo on Right Shoulder, Visual of Flames//ptys Oo Vehicle 12:06 PM
* Left Rear Wheel on Fire 12:07 PM
* Message/Item Delivered Sta 91 12:07 PM
* CHP Unit Assigned 12:09 PM
* Per Sales Associate Will Contact Lambo Newport Bch for Tow Info 12:10 PM
* CHP Unit on Scene 12:19 PM
* All 3 Lanes Closed, Using Center Divider to Move Vehicle Around 12:22 PM
* Prty Has Prvt Tow En Route 12:23 PM
* #1 Lane of Et On Ramp to South 73 Blocked By Fire 12:24 PM
* Thomas Guide Map Coordinates: 921 3C

Live: http://www.trafficland.com/camera/15755/index.html?esid=tlwidget
http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghini/103925-aventador-fire-southern-cali.html#post1710080

Lamborghini of Newport has/had one Aventador in stock

http://www.lambonb.com/used-Orange+...Aventador-LP700+NEW+ARRIVAL-XXXXXXX0000000000

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
Banned
26,433 Posts
I've heard the Aventador is a maintenance nightmare oh and a lot caught on fire.

I guess we can say with certainty that the Germans haven't totally taken the soul out of Lamborghinis. Once Lambos stop spontaneously combusting, then we'll know the Germans have won.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've heard the Aventador is a maintenance nightmare oh and a lot caught on fire.

I guess we can say with certainty that the Germans haven't totally taken the soul out of Lamborghinis. Once Lambos stop spontaneously combusting, then we'll know the Germans have won.
LOL'd

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,352 Posts
Say you're the owner and you get out safe and you see the wheel is on fire and it's starting to melt the body work but you've got a fire extinguisher and could put it out. Do you:

A) Put it out, thus saving the car but have the incident on the car's history and have to go through a bunch of costly repairs

B) Smile and let the car burn to the ground knowing you'll get a completely new one rather than a fixed one.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Say you're the owner and you get out safe and you see the wheel is on fire and it's starting to melt the body work but you've got a fire extinguisher and could put it out. Do you:

A) Put it out, thus saving the car but have the incident on the car's history and have to go through a bunch of costly repairs

B) Smile and let the car burn to the ground knowing you'll get a completely new one rather than a fixed one.
Gotta go with B on that. I would scale that down to any vehicle (with a production number over maybe 3000) and go the same route lol

That's why I pay insurance, in order to capitalize when necessary.

·
Registered
22,265 Posts

Well since you own a Lambo the you likely don't car about any impact on your auto insurance premiums.

·
Registered
20,586 Posts
I think I saw that lambo about 2 weeks ago near Venice with dealer plates.
It wasn't on fire then and sounded like sex.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts

Option C: Get some fuel to add to the fire

·
Registered
Japanese Vacuum Cleaner
5,639 Posts

·
Registered
20,586 Posts
Just like the one that's on sale about 35 miles north in Ontario:

of course purchasing such a car in Ontario would probably be far more "gauche" than being able to purchase one in Newport Beach :laugh:
I wouldn't let that car anywhere near Ontario excepting I-10.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts