VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my AWE catback installed last Thursday, and Friday I was hearing a rattle at low rpms in higher gears. I poked and prodded the tips a little to see if it would make any noises. No noises, but there was a little play in the hanger/fitment, whatever. Now today there is a lot of play (6 inches), and I swear the exhaust hangs more left than it should. Am I just being paranoid?

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I had my AWE catback installed last Thursday, and Friday I was hearing a rattle at low rpms in higher gears. I poked and prodded the tips a little to see if it would make any noises. No noises, but there was a little play in the hanger/fitment, whatever. Now today there is a lot of play (6 inches), and I swear the exhaust hangs more left than it should. Am I just being paranoid?

Thanks
Andy
check it out and if there is something wrong contact will at awe. i just put the track exhaust on my gli and its a pretty nice fitment. as you know though no one is perfect and if there is a problem message/call them, they have great customer service and if there is an issue id be surprised if they didnt get you squared away. :beer::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
It's the hangers, not the exhaust. What happened to jacking the car up and looking before you start calling people?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only jack I have is under a sub box and it's too God damned cold for me to be screwing around outside. I laid down on the ice to see if I could tell what was wrong, but I barely know what I'm looking at. Now it's too late, and I'm assuming it's the hangar that seems to have broken off and the exhaust now hangs very low. I was asking to see how careful I should be, most people are very helpful, and not so condescending. Will the exhaust continue to droop down until it's dragging on the pavement now? Can I still make it a ways to get it fixed?

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AWE says they supply clamps for the hanger, shop says they didn't receive said clamps. Either way I'm stuck with a jacked-up tip. Shop seemed competent, they've done a lot of work for me...

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'll vouch for Awe, never had any issues with my orders from them. If your shop was competent they should've known that there were missing clamps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A guy at work says it's illegal for them to send me into the street like that, would it be worth a call the DOT? Yeah, I paid someone, did I have DIY in the title?

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
A guy at work says it's illegal for them to send me into the street like that, would it be worth a call the DOT? Yeah, I paid someone, did I have DIY in the title?

Thanks
Andy
umm no....AWE is an awesome company that makes great products, but no matter how good you are there will ALWAYS be mistakes. contact WILL/AWE tuning and he'll get you squared away. cause problems like contacting the DOT i can almost be certain there will be problems. just handle it with AWE and you'll be happy in the end, trust me :beer::thumbup:

·
Vendor
16,395 Posts
umm no....AWE is an awesome company that makes great products, but no matter how good you are there will ALWAYS be mistakes. contact WILL/AWE tuning and he'll get you squared away. cause problems like contacting the DOT i can almost be certain there will be problems. just handle it with AWE and you'll be happy in the end, trust me :beer::thumbup:
Thanks Red!

Andy was nice enough to send some pictures and we are working with the install shop to get this resolved asap. :thumbup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I meant for the shop, not AWE, I should have been clear in that post that it was shop neglegence, not AWE's fault. I never really blamed them, the title is misleading.

Andy

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I meant for the shop, not AWE, I should have been clear in that post that it was shop neglegence, not AWE's fault. I never really blamed them, the title is misleading.

Andy
ah that clears alot of stuff up. get it taken care of the best and least aggressive way and enjoy the exhaust. i just got my track exhaust done on my GLI and fell in love with it :heart::beer:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I love the exhaust, first am exhaust. The sound is awesome but not intrusive, the touring, anyway. Just need to figure out for sure if both tips got damaged, or just the right one and the new one(s) will be on the way! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Yes, I love the exhaust, first am exhaust. The sound is awesome but not intrusive, the touring, anyway. Just need to figure out for sure if both tips got damaged, or just the right one and the new one(s) will be on the way! :thumbup::thumbup:
there ya go buddy! fix it and you get to enjoy! ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just my opinion... but any shop worth a damn wouldnt have let the car leave like that.. they would have either fabbed something up or put the stock exhaust back on and told you the issue...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts