VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Re: (hanoverfist)

i talked to the guy from group 5, i think he said they will be shipping through this past friday....but it may have been monday.....so if you dont get it by say, wednesday, i might call on thursday...thats what i will do

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Re: (bryn)

Quote, originally posted by bryn »
is this still on?

are there still numerous posts above this... I dunno I'm to tired to look too...
EDIT : I went back just because its so damn easy and in the 2nd and third posts on Feb 8 (a month ago now) Rysskii gave a response to the same question.
Quote, originally posted by rysskii3 »
yes we have 8 days... if u want it please pm me

My guess is that this group by ended on the 16th as that would have noted. Also since the GolfMKV.com thread was referenced and people were talking of these shipping out I would assume it was missed. Sorry to be so bitter but you are like the 4th person in this thread to ask.
got mine today, looks sweet.

Anyone need a vent gauge pod?

Modified by ShadowGLI at 3:16 AM 3-6-2007

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Re: (TS576134)

Quote, originally posted by TS576134 »
thats not a vent gauge...you didn't get in on this buy?

Yes it is a vent Gauge... from the group buy... in a New South Gauge pod... hence why I have a vent Gauge for sale.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: (TS576134)

Well, no reply to my voice messages or email. Still no gauge.
If anyone from Group5 is watching, you guys need to get it right.
I am forced into a position to ask them to contact me today or I will go ahead and contact VISA and cancel payment for the gauge.
When I call them the message states that all general issues should leave a message for mailbox 10. When I select mailbox 10 I get a message that it is no longer used for general messages and to select any other option. The name that I have as point of contact there is Kevin who does not have a mailbox.
I hope that this isn't just some cat who wanted to bilk me for 155 dollars...

·
Registered
6,229 Posts

Well if its any help I know on the MKV forum it basically came up that these are being dropped shipped from AWE. Group5 charged our cards and send AWE the money and addresses as to where these were going, AWE is catching up on the orders and they should go out asap. Kevin was my contact as well. The contact info from his email was
Kevin,
[email protected]
(858)693-3278
I am really surprised by the delay as well, I got my gauge Monday.
I don't think anyone is screwing with you, AWE probably did not expect 50 Gauge kit orders to come in all at once.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: (ShadowGLI)

Thanks for the update brother.
I fully understand the possibility of delay but Group5 should at the very least respond to my email and vmail messages.
I get a little flakey about this kind of thing so my patience wears thin quite easily...
UPDATE: I just spoke with Kevin @ Group5. He seems like a stand up guy and said that AWE may be slow at getting these out the door. If I do not get an invoice or the gauge by next week then I will follow up with Kevin (thanks again for your time on this Kevin).
I am a little more at ease now that I know that this is a brick and morter vendor.

Modified by hanoverfist at 11:56 AM 3-9-2007

·
Registered
6,229 Posts

Quote, originally posted by hanoverfist »
Thanks for the update brother.
I fully understand the possibility of delay but Group5 should at the very least respond to my email and vmail messages.
I get a little flakey about this kind of thing so my patience wears thin quite easily...

I absolutely agree that they should have been quicker at getting back to people. But glad to hear they got it sorted. I noticed on the MKV thread that all the Gauges are supposed to be out to everyone by next week. So keep your eye

·
Registered
400 Posts

Got mine today too!!! Can't wait to install just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to make the install easier, doesn't look to intense but any tips would be great. TIA!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Re: (Dman144e)

Quote, originally posted by Dman144e »
Got mine today too!!! Can't wait to install just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to make the install easier, doesn't look to intense but any tips would be great. TIA!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Honestly the directions are really good on that. You may want to get the Color pics off AWE's web site but I did it and it was really straight forward. The only tip I have is make sure you have a rasor knife and a steady hand to cut back the coating on the headlight wires. Its really thick and will not cut with anything duller than a razor.. trust me.. I tried.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi Guys
Do u know where I may get my hands on one of these boost gauges?
Just bought a 2003 20th Anv GTI and would like t get this added to the car?
Thanks and I am a new bee

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Re: (Gotvindaloo)

Got my install done today, not too many problems...I'm maxing around 15 psi, it may have hit 16 once, however my backlighting is not working so I have to check that wiring out. My buddy helped me with it and he did that part....I'm sure its nothing....but I like it...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts