VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for some cool car art for my house. This was the first one that I purchased - the VW KDF form 1933:

This is 15" wide. I got it from Queen City Fab, check them out here:

https://queencityfab.com/

They do all kinds of custom metal work including for grills, parts, etc... I was so impressed with the workmanship that I asked them if they could make me a Auto Union logo. They said sure, check it out:

Than they did a Porsche logo for me:

In the last week they did a VW Rabbit for me as a gift to a friend who loves Rabbits:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Neat. How big are these? Edit: I see you said VW is 15". I checked out the sizes of the other ones on their site.

Also wrote to them about making a BMW roundel.

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
16,722 Posts
Looks cool! How do you plan to use/mount them? Is there a mounting tab on the back or something?

That VW one is Nazi-riffic! ;)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neat. How big are these?
VW KDF one is 15"
Auto Union is 24" x 7"
Porsche is 20" x 15"
VW Rabbit is 15"

These are heavy gauge metal - maybe 1/16" thick. They have hooks on the back. They can do whatever you like, they are very accommodating. For the custom ones all I had to do was provide the logos and they did the rest. They are very reasonably priced - $30-50 depending on complexity and stuff.

Here are some other ones they have done. On their web site they have tons of stuff - military, signs, etc...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neat. How big are these? Edit: I see you said VW is 15". I checked out the sizes of the other ones on their site.

Also wrote to them about making a BMW roundel.

Thanks for the link!
Tell the owner (Josh) that John sent you.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,219 Posts
https://queencityfab.com/

They do all kinds of custom metal work including for grills, parts, etc... I was so impressed with the workmanship that I asked them if they could make me a Auto Union logo. They said sure, check it out:

Cool! Now I want a metal sign... :banghead::laugh:

·
Just Going with the FLO.
2,220 Posts
double :banghead::banghead:

I hope this thread gets buried because no gifts this year (Garaj Mahal)

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
These are all pretty awesome. My SO got me one last year for Christmas, though I don't think it was from this same company. Really stomped on the gift I got her :laugh:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts

·
Just Going with the FLO.
2,220 Posts
no wonder SO didn't like it. Fair warning: A vacuum cleaner isn't a good gift either.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts