VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I bought the car I observed that I get noises from the right rear wheel and it was clear that it’s coming from the ball bearing.When I wanted to change it, surprise !, the axle pin was bent a few degrees. OK , I ordered a new one but , another surprise, the new axle pin was a VR6 type (6 bolts mount) not 8V&16V (4 bolts mount) that I need. My mechanic managed to mount it, also with a new set of ball bearings. Now comes the worst part. In 6 months I changed 3 sets of ball bearings for the same wheel.The simptoms where the same: after a while appeared a play at bearings. Some said that an almost dead shock could affect this (Koni shocks, sounds worse than left one), but there is the spring that should absorb some stress from the axle. I made a simple test by bouncing the rear side , as I read somewhere the bounce stopped in one cicle, but for a sport shock it’s not so relevant. Some said that might be the spring, but on a plane surface the left and right side are at same height. Now, I don’t now anymore what to change! I will surele change the shocks with a new pair, but I’m afraid that it might be also the 6 bolts axle pin. Any ideea ?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.