VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this pos is driving me MAD!!!! i am to the point of trashing the car if problem cant be found. the car kills the battery after 4 or 5 hours of sitting. i have done all the tests i can think of checked the alternator, replace the battery, pulled all the fuses one at a time with a test light on negative terminal and ground wire. thoughts, comments, ideas.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Re: b-4 power problems (vwtdipwr)

get one of those solar panel chargers for when you are parked. it will help alot since your in florida http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,636 Posts

I think it's your seats. Remove them and send them to me. IM for address. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Make sure your vacuum pump is not running. Also how is your mirror control working? They are pesky little SOB's and can fail in various ways, including leaving the electric clutches for the motors powered on. Pop it out and unplug it. You might try unplugging some of the various control units (ABS, window logic, alarm, cruise,) one at a time.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Re: b-4 power problems (A2B4guy)

Quote, originally posted by A2B4guy »
Also how is your mirror control working? They are pesky little SOB's and can fail in various ways, including leaving the electric clutches for the motors powered on.
Ugh! Great! Just another thing I have to look forward to!

-Nathan

Modified by Hindenburg at 2:20 AM 2-18-2004

·
Registered
8,693 Posts

if you decide to trash the TDI wagon, I'll take it from you
And I'll even bring you a 6-pack of your choosing!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: b-4 power problems (WannaCorrado)

my battery was dying a lot a while ago, and i found out after quite a while that something on the trunk latch was broken, and so the light in the trunk was staying on. It's a small stupid problem, and probably isnt what you're dealing with, but it might not hurt to check.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: b-4 power problems (Cowboy)

thanks i will check that as well. i have changed interior to black and mirrors so those will be the places to start. i will keep everyone posted on findings.

·
Registered
105 Posts

crap. i forgot you were in a wagon. only reason i didnt notice my trunk light was cause mines a sedan...sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts