VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I got my 2012 Vw Passat (got it with around 90.5k miles, has 93k now) my passenger airbag has always had an issue where if someone sits or moves in the passenger seat, even from a bump, the airbag turns off or I get an error on the MFD saying that there's an error with the airbag. No idea how I could fix it. I tried calibrating the airbag sensor with my obdeleven but it gives me an error that I think says something like "wrong sequence." Anyone know how I could check or possibly fix this error? very annoying.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sounds like it may be the occupancy switch based on the person being in the seat and bumps causing issues. If the seat was wet, it could have damaged that switch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it may be the occupancy switch based on the person being in the seat and bumps causing issues. If the seat was wet, it could have damaged that switch.
I have no idea if the previous owner had gotten it wet. The only time I remember getting the seat wet was when I first got the car and the snowstorm happened over the east coast. I had some snow come into the car when I accidentally opened the sun roof but I brushed it off.

I'm guessing I either have to replace the whole seat or the weight sensor mat?

·
Registered
204 Posts
The switch should be able to be replaced independently of the entire seat. It would require removing the seat cover and the heated seat element. The switch should be down there in the foam. I would probably try testing the theory out before unleashing the parts canon though. That would be a lot of work if that wasn’t the fault.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The switch should be able to be replaced independently of the entire seat. It would require removing the seat cover and the heated seat element. The switch should be down there in the foam. I would probably try testing the theory out before unleashing the parts canon though. That would be a lot of work if that wasn’t the fault.
You got any idea of how I could test it though? I read elsewhere that the issue could be the wire harness itself since the wires are thin.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You would have to use weight on the seat to try to throw the code. Not sure how else you could do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.