VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '93 GLX is having some problems with the automatic seatbelts. Sometimes they flat out don't work. Other times they seem to fall off track or get stuck on their way down {when the door is opened}. This problem is particularly frustrating for me because my battery has died twice from a stuck seatbelt. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway to remedy this? If not, is it difficult to disable the seatbelts?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Re: b3 Automatic Seatbelt Problems (Quick VW 6)

I have not gone thru the trouble of taking it apart but have taken off the trim to gain better access to the track, set the arm in the correct position and re-greased it with bearing grease. This usually takes car of it for quite a while.

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
Re: b3 Automatic Seatbelt Problems (Quick VW 6)

Quote, originally posted by Quick VW 6 »
My '93 GLX is having some problems with the automatic seatbelts. Sometimes they flat out don't work. Other times they seem to fall off track or get stuck on their way down {when the door is opened}. This problem is particularly frustrating for me because my battery has died twice from a stuck seatbelt. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway to remedy this? If not, is it difficult to disable the seatbelts?
Thanks

I just noticed that there is a pop-out cover right behind the auto seatbelt contraption on the B pillar, with a backup for the auto seat belt that flips out.
HTH!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts