VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what could be the cause of a rear power window slowly coming down over a few days? After 3 days its down about 1/2", no biggie for the most part, but I'd like to figure out what could be causing it.
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: B4 Rear Power Window rolls down slowly over time (beetlevdubn)

Hmmm that is weird. Sorry I can't help you with that.
But unfortunantly I wanted to ask you about the cabrio project. Have you posted anymore pictures since Sunday the 16th? It is looking really good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I bet your wife is extremely excited to get a car like that! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: B4 Rear Power Window rolls down slowly over time (Armani)

Nope, no new pics.... the wife has the digi cam for a week (she's in Haiti visiting the kids we are adopting), so I'll have updates in a week.
I haven't done much since last weekend, but should get lots done this weekend (took the day off tomorrow).
Stay tuned, and thanks for the compliments.... and yes, my wife is very hopeful that it will be close to a test drive by the time she gets home

If anyone has any info. on the power windows, let me know.

·
Registered
274 Posts

My 95 would roll the window down when I opened the door. Depending on how quickly I opened the door determined how fast the window rolled down...if I found the sweet spot about half-way the window would roll all the way down. I thought it was kinda funny so I ignored it until the window quit working alltogether. Then I tore into the boot and discovered, as listed here in PAOM, that a couple wires were frayed and cut. I spliced them back together and everything was fine, but I of course lost my magical abilities with swinging the door to the beat.
Maybe this is similar or perhaps there's some moisture in the boot that's doing it. I suppose it depends on how often you use that door. I haven't dealt with the rear regulators at all, but it seems like this wouldn't be a mechanical issue (judging from front regs) because they don't wanna budge at all with the motors attached. Sounds like electrical. Good luck!
Steveo

·
Registered
375 Posts

I agree with scarlow, it is most likely bad wires between the door and the B pillar. A little vibration during driving causes a brief cross connection and the window moves slightly.

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: B4 Rear Power Window rolls down slowly over time (GetMore)

Thanks guys... I'll take a peek at it, hopefully it will be obvious when I look in the boot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts