VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Re: B4 Sunroof Motor/Switch/Domelight/Console into a B3? (scottnbarb)

I think they are the same. That is, the one in my B4 looks just like how I remember the one in my B3 used to look.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: B4 Sunroof Motor/Switch/Domelight/Console into a B3? (A2B4guy)

I know the controls are a little different in their placement and that the B4's does not have any black in it. What I was unsure of is if it would be plug and play or not? The fitment also looks the same except for maybe at the edge where the sunroof is?

·
Registered
7,636 Posts

Dunno, I have a very early US B4 and I swear it looks identical, but the sunroof switch is different.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Re: B4 Sunroof Motor/Switch/Domelight/Console into a B3? (A2B4guy)

It wont work... I tried this when I got my B3.

Im sure you can get it to work. Just get the schematics for both cars and some wire cutters... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
831 Posts

Yep, it wont work your gonna need like wires + the connector ends from a jetta III or a Passat B4 to make a small harness unless you want to cut into your current wiring to splice in the new connectors. but then it will be a pain to revert back to the old dome lights if you plan on undoing your mod in the future etc... I examined both jetta III parts with B3/B4 parts and this is what seems to be the case.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: B4 Sunroof Motor/Switch/Domelight/Console into a B3? (trixrabite)

Thanks guys. I had a chance to pick one up on E-bay but I didn't want to risk the money without actually having one in my hands to play with before I paid for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts