VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: B5.5 VW Cargo Liner (02VWPassatGLS)

Well, I ordered mine from http://www.DrewParts.com (for 20% off the price listed at VW.com -- when you order, type in HOLIDAY for the coupon code -- I think this is good on all VW accessories until 12/24) just before Thanksgiving, but it hasn't arrived yet. As soon as I get it, I'll let you know how I like it.
At any rate, you'll save money by ordering stuff from Drew Parts right now. They don't have EVERYTHING in the current VW.com commerce site, but you can get most things there.
Perr

·
Registered
17 Posts

I bought the cargo liner for my 02 variant (wagon). It's very good quality. It's not an actual VW labled part. I think it was around $70. I got the gray liner to match my interior.
The real quality item is the VW rubber floor mats. They are second to none.
02 variant GLX
Silverstone with gray interior
[Modified by Tom Davis, 5:09 PM 11-28-2001]

[Modified by Tom Davis, 5:10 PM 11-28-2001]

[Modified by Tom Davis, 5:10 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: B5.5 VW Cargo Liner (Tom Davis)

I bought mine from the dealer - saved on shipping. Its not made out of rubber - some kind of synthetic material. The rubber floor mats with the VW logo are great.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re: B5.5 VW Cargo Liner (Tom Davis)

Tom Davis, which VW rubber floor mats are you referring to? The "monster" ones or the "premium" ones? The "monster" ones look like they would hold dirt and water better with their deeper grooves. Both sets are about $90 for 4.

·
Registered
82 Posts

I got the VW liner and am very pleased with the fit and overall quality. However, we don't carry a lot of really dirty or heavy stuff back there. If we did, I'd be tempted to go with something more heavy-duty.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I bought the VW cargo liner for the dealer for my 2002 passat wagon. It was TERRIBLE!!! I returned it! Made like a peice of felt, NOT Rubber like the nice VW matts. I opted for the WeatherTech liner. MUCH more durrable and fits perfectly! It handles spills a lot better than the VW one would as it has a taller lip. It comes it some different colors as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: B5.5 VW Cargo Liner (hosehead)

The WeatherTech carries a hefty price tag at $99 (tan) but is well worth the investment. I hauled some furniture over the weekend and where it not for the liner the cargo carpet would've been scratched for sure. No problems with fit (I have a 2001.5 1.8T Variant). I got the Tan color, which matches very well with the Tan Interior.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re: B5.5 VW Cargo Liner (Murren)

The VW liner is a POS IMHO.
It's made from a foam-type material. It would probably handle hauling groceries and such. The WeatherTech fits REALLY nice in my '02 wagon and it looks good too. It's very tough and will probably last forever.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: B5.5 VW Cargo Liner (mattsoft)

I just received the cargo liner in the mail for my '02 Passat Wagon. I agree, it is a POS. I am going to return it. I thought it was going to be rubber like the VW floor mats but it is foam. This thing will get torn up in know time. Is there anyway to get Drew VW to pay for the shipping as it was poorly described in their website and I am not pleased. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Re: B5.5 VW Cargo Liner (calogero)

I bought mine from the dealer - saved on shipping. Its not made out of rubber - some kind of synthetic material.
I got the VW cargo liner for the sedan and like it quite a bit. It is carpet-covered with impermeable rubber backing, which protects against spills, yet doesn't allow slippage all over like the rubber mats do.
Apparently there are two types of VW cargo liners. I got the one made of a foam type material yet there are people saying they have a carpeted/rubber backed type. I paid ~$50 (US) for mine. I'd be interested in what people paid for the carpeted/rubber backed one (mmmmark ?)

[Modified by E36BMW, 7:19 PM 12-3-2001]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts