VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do some minor custom work on my '91 sedan and this idea came to me. I want to pull off the back emblem, fill in the two holes from the emblem, renew the paint, and put on an emblem from the new Passat.
Can these be purchased legally, or will I have to buy the back from a scrap yard?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Re: B5 badges (=nerdcore=)

Welcome to the Vortex!!!
Which badge do you mean, the VW roundel or the Passat script? I replaced my VW roundel with a Wolfsburg Edition badge, which I was quite chuffed with. Then I took off the Passat script and replaced it with a B5 chrome jobbie. I had to space it out so that all the holes were covered, but it looks quite nice.
Jez

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Re: B5 badges (=nerdcore=)

Sure you can get them!! Rapid parts has some. New Dimensions have 'em as well, there might be others too... you can also get them from the dealer. I got a "syncro" badge for mine... They were available in the parts catalog, but I never heard of any syncro's that came with them.. Even the parts guy was surprised that I knew about their existence!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.