VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 100 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: (910_Industries)

Quote, originally posted by 910_Industries »

Yeah.. Binghamton is a trip. Not much there.. that's why I was surprised to see an air ride shop there. That area is like a black hole.. no escape.. ha ha! Glad to see you made it out alive!

hahah yeah seriously! its such a nice area scenery wise but its pretty dead-end. its good for the shop tho because its w/in 3 hours of many major NE cities.

and yeah the golf cart is probably the most fun ive ever had. we'd just drive it around afte rwork for hours every day haha. it 3 wheels, drags, throws sparks. so good. we're known for it at shows too haha.

sorry to jack the thread!!!

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Re: B6 A4 on bags: The mayhem begins. (Mr Schmidt)

Quote, originally posted by Flipflops365 »
Why would you ruin an Audi like this?

Shut your face or you won't get a ride in it.

Quote, originally posted by Mr Schmidt »
How are the upper mounts for the rear bags mounted to the car?

Keep your eye on this thread. I'll be posting detailed descriptions and lots of pictures as I install everything.

·
Banned
9,890 Posts
Re: B6 A4 on bags: The mayhem begins. (Capt. Obvious)

Quote, originally posted by Capt. Obvious »

Shut your face or you won't get a ride in it.

In all seriousness, I think your car is going to be incredible when complete and I can't wait to see it!

Are you going to reinstate my ride privilages now?

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Finally had a chance to yank the interior apart this weekend and run all the wiring. I ran a 10-gauge cable from the battery to the trunk which will be the main supply line for the compressor and the valves. I also tapped the 12v switched wire in the steering column to power the digital pressure gauge and also ran another switched wire to the back which will go to the pressure switch on the tank to turn on the compressor (you never want to run your compressor with the engine off. Compressors put too much of a load on the battery and you run the risk of damaging the compressor--and draining your battery--if you run it without the car running).
The first thing I did was remove the rear seat, glovebox, and the dash panel under the steering wheel. Once the path was clear, I got my special tool, AKA the stereo installers best friend, AKA a wire coat hanger. If you've ever run wire through a center console or under a piece of carpet, you know what a lifesaver a coat hanger is!
Here you can see where the wire comes out from under the carpet and runs under the seat to the trunk:

Here is the trunk once I put everything back together. The 18g red wires are the wires that will go to the 5 sending units for the air gauge (which will be mounted in the ash tray under the climate control). The 10g red wire comes from the battery and then through the center console with the rest of the harness. The green wire is 12v switched and comes from the steering column, and the silver box is the "brain" for my switchbox.

And here is the switchbox sitting happily on the front seat. When not in use, it fits perfectly in the tray in the center console.

I also bought some MDF today and started on the new trunk floor. I'll post pictures of that once it's a little further along.

Finally, I want to take a quick moment to thank Martini and his website (http://www.a4mods.com for those who don't know) for the wealth of great information he has compiled. That site saved me a lot of time of trying to figure out which wires were 12v switched under the dash and the best way to run the cable from the battery to the trunk. Thanks again Martini! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Re: (Mr Schmidt)

DAMN, where did you get the burberry shifter boot?

IIRC he made it out of real Burberry merchandise.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Re: (callaghan.)

It's actually made by EAI (who appearantly went out of business).

Today's minor update is a warning to everyone considering putting together their own airride setup:
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE FOLLOWING TWO BUSINESSES:
www.eazybuying.com (AKA ebay user EazyBuying) - They screwed me out of $200 for my Viair 480C compressor. I sent them the money, I received nothing. They now refuse to refund my money. Yes, all proper escalations have been made, so I will eventually get my money back no matter what.
www.jpkustoms.com - I ordered my valves from them. I ordered EAI valves, which are about $360 a set. They're very nice looking: anodized, laser-etched, etc. They call me a few days after I order and say EAI is out of business, but AFC made their valves and they could do those for the same price. I say "okay, that's fine." What they didn't tell me is that I would be paying the same price for valves that are raw aluminum and not nearly as "show quality" as the EAI valves (internally, they're the same valve, so functionally, they're the same). So I complain that the entire I reason I paid a $180 premium for the EAI valves was because they are anodized so I would like a refund of the price difference.
...they offered me $75 of in-store credit instead.

Go f*ck yourselves, I'll just slander you on the internet and make sure no one here ever buys anything from you.

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
Re: (Mr Schmidt)

For real? Hahahah, thats cool

No, thats not cool. He cut up a real Burberry purse!

Altho it does look dope, so i give you that D... But still, im on your girlfriends side on this one

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Re: (LilGreenJeTTaGiRL)

Quote, originally posted by LilGreenJeTTaGiRL »

No, thats not cool. He cut up a real Burberry purse!

Altho it does look dope, so i give you that D... But still, im on your girlfriends side on this one

Sorry Linds, I still have the scraps, do you want those to make a pair of earrings or something?
http://****************.com/smile/emlove.gif

81 - 100 of 772 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.