VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 140 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
25,371 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

well, it's the exact same tank this guy is planning to use, which rusted out after a year (even with a huge parker water trap)

if you want it, you can have it

its all good just wanted to give you ****.
I gave up hope on me ever finishing anything in my life other than being a dad

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
Re: (Travy)

Quote, originally posted by Travy »
D you should buy some burberry luggage or something, and then cut it up so you can wrap the tank in it

Do not give him any idea's, the purse was bad enough!!!!

·
Registered
43,726 Posts
Re: (LilGreenJeTTaGiRL)

Quote, originally posted by LilGreenJeTTaGiRL »

haha

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Re: (Shawn W.)

Quote, originally posted by LilGreenJeTTaGiRL »

I sure do have a lot of luggage to buy. *sigh*

Quote, originally posted by Shawn W. »
you won't have it done this weekend.

Nope.

Two of the airline fittings I need for the rear bags are back-ordered and my compressor won't be here until Monday.
However, my Dynamat and carpet should be here today so I should hopefully be able to finish up the trunk and get everything that I do have mounted up and ready to roll this weekend.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Made a little progress this weekend. Worked on the trunk and finalized where I'm going to put the tank and how I will mount the valves.
I'm giving up about 18 inches of trunk space for everything, but it's totally worth it so I'm not too worried. I'm going for an "OEM" look with the trunk, so the wall and new floor will be carpeted with charcoal carpet that matches the carpet already in there. I used 1/2" MDF for the enclosure and the wall will be supported by two metal L-brackets. It should be pretty sturdy.

The tank, valves, compressor and all the electronics will be mounted on the other side of the wall and be accessible via the fold-down seats. I didn't order the carpet soon enough so it wasn't here in time for me to put it down this weekend, so I couldn't actually mount anything, but this should give you an idea of how it will look:

In the future, the empty space on the right side of the enclosure will house an amp and a 10" subwoofer that will be mounted in the wall.
This will be the last update for about two weeks. Next weekend I'll be in The Vegas so I'll have to wait until the weekend after that to work on it again. I'm hoping that I will have the bags installed and the car laying on the ground by then however.

Modified by Capt. Obvious at 7:27 PM 11-4-2007

121 - 140 of 772 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.