VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been experiencing an issue where the RPM's continue to increase 300-500 rpms after pushing in the clutch. The harder i'm accelerating, the more they'll increase after pushing in the clutch. The engine is mostly stock. Only minor cosmetic updates to the car. Anyone experience this before?

2007 A4 Quattro 2.0t B7

·
Registered
400 Posts
You probably need a cruise control switch that’s behind the clutch pedal.... there’s probably a fault stored if you scan it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. Looks like a real simple fix. Ordered the part and hopefully it resolves it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally replaced the two clutch pedal sensors. One was rattling so it seems like it needed to be replaced. The other seemed fine, but replaced it anyway. Took it for a short drive and it seems like it didn't change a thing. When accelerating and pushing in the clutch, the RPMs will either continue to increase a bit after hard acceleration or hover where they are for just normal driving.

I've seen some threads with similar issues to this and they were suggesting a wastegate issue or maybe a dirty throttle body.

Anyone else experience this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts