VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Anyone know of an aftermarket part # or seller I would obtain something like these?
Everything I've seen online is $220+ plus shipping

My dilemma is I only need the rear windshield.. I had the 5 windows tinted a few days after I bought my '17 R Line and the rear windshield is the only one that has faded
Its actually 100% clear now. you would not even know its tinted unless you look close and see the edges of the now CLEAR film...
In lieu of re-tinting costs I thought I could somehow find an aftermarket rear-windshield-only option.. haven't had much luck though!
I created a post in the B7 classified section but thought someone here might know something

VW part # 561-064-365 for reference

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must have been pretty low quality tint. I had tint on my Audi A4 Avant in Colorado for 6 years and it never faded. I'd suggest getting a quality solar tint job all around.
yeah. finding out after the fact 3 years later sucks :(
I was quoted high cost to remove and re-tint, so the sunshade option I am hoping mitigates some of my angst with regard to the tint
my next vehicle I am sure to get high quality tint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.