VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are slowly childproofing the house so that kids can roam & play at will. We installed the cheapie baby locks on the cupboards & drawers in the kitchen, but I'm worried ds can still pinch or slam his fingers inside.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
We are slowly childproofing the house so that kids can roam & play at will. We installed the cheapie baby locks on the cupboards & drawers in the kitchen, but I'm worried ds can still pinch or slam his fingers inside.
Baby locks on stuff like that should work just fine and it gives them the chance to learn from the pinch or slam mistakes. Just make sure childproofing of things like electric outlets, basement doors and the oven don't allow mistakes to happen.

·
Registered
26,162 Posts
i think you need to let little 'injuries' like slightly pinched fingers slid. they need to learn that all actions are not consequence free.

my youngest literally steps off everything counters, vans, stairs as if the floor is completely level.
he has fallen a couple of times, and now has learned that height of objects actually means something.

of course protect them from things that can cause major injuries. chemicals, stoves, ovens, electrics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts