VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read up a bit online, but would like some personal feedback here.

I'm trying to reduce recoil a bit for wife and daughter in an 870 20ga. I've been looking into having one or both of these performed on the barrels we have.

My questions are:

1) Has any one here done either or used a shotgun with such mods?

2) I know it is very subjective, but was there much of a difference in recoil?

3) Ease of work and cost? Local shop, shipped, done by self, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds super fun and any excuse for a new gun is always good! But...I want to stick with what we already have and work with that for now.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,039 Posts

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ I'd imagine they would be very inaccurate and not for much distance. But, great to teach a kid to shoot, cycle the gun, get used to timing, loading, etc. A bit pricey, too.

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
The accuracy I was referring to was with slugs, so with buckshot or birdshot, it would be less of an issue, particularly when teaching. Definitely very light recoil compared to even light clay loads. I load my own shells for trap, so I could easily load up a 2 3/4" shell with the similar recoil to the mini shells, but not everyone has this capability.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
^ That capability would be very practical! Economical and very specific to needs. I've been wanting to do so for years, but have never had the proper space.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ Yep, thanks! Added a slip on that seems to help. They're actually ok with the recoil, especially with the pad and the 26" barrel. Am just trying to reduce it so they could shoot for a longer period of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts