VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had plenty of mk4's for awhile, then left for other gen cars but came back to a mk4 again as a daily driver...... heres my 200k driver...

day one

got so many mistakes to fix on this thing :banghead::facepalm:

some past mk4's incase you forgot bout me lol

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
You had a mk4 before? Haha the new ones looking good, was loving all the hack work you fixed

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You had a mk4 before? Haha the new ones looking good, was loving all the hack work you fixed

Sent from space through a satellite
u have no idea no how much crap i had to go thru to get this a halfway decent car

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so apparently to static drop your car you need to cut sway bar off:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: instead of using the correct parts so i had to drop the subframe and replace a bunch of thing jus cause they couldnt spend 130.00 on adjustable end links for sway bar:what::facepalm: so after new axles, wheelbearing, R bushings in control arms, new coilovers (which suck btw), new strut mounts and bearing and tierods, i finally got my front end correct

next thing was fixing my headlights which have caused more damage because wires inside lost the coating and had exposed wires touching and shorted out a buncha things:facepalm: so i bought some chinese reps on ebay with glass lenses

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
next thing was fixing my headlights which have caused more damage because wires inside lost the coating and had exposed wires touching and shorted out a buncha things:facepalm: so i bought some chinese reps on ebay with glass lenses
Any way you could mash the two together? The reflector surfaces on the cheap housings usually aren't as good as OEM, perhaps mashing together the new housing and electrical with the old reflectors (refinished if you want even) would give you the best of both worlds? Unless of course the reflector surfaces are completely shot, which there is always a good chance at that.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
so apparently to static drop your car you need to cut sway bar off:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: instead of using the correct parts so i had to drop the subframe and replace a bunch of thing jus cause they couldnt spend 130.00 on adjustable end links for sway bar:what::facepalm: so after new axles, wheelbearing, R bushings in control arms, new coilovers (which suck btw), new strut mounts and bearing and tierods, i finally got my front end correct
Do it right or do it twice

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any way you could mash the two together? The reflector surfaces on the cheap housings usually aren't as good as OEM, perhaps mashing together the new housing and electrical with the old reflectors (refinished if you want even) would give you the best of both worlds? Unless of course the reflector surfaces are completely shot, which there is always a good chance at that.
i thought of that but as u can see the chrome faded on oem housing (orange turns)... it was too far gone so i went with the reps, for 89 bucks shipped im not gonna complain honestly...

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome back, I'm jealous of the imola....I know all too well fixing dumb stuff.

I wonder if the car was ever on air ride? Not many go low enough static to need to remove the sway bar...
very possible it was although theres no damage on paint any where and no bacon fender lol
What coilovers are you running?
ive got pwrhaus coils from bfi.....raceland ultimos feel like pss9 compared to these lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts