VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Adam, I've been doing Volkswagens since I was about 13 when my brother came home with his 98 GTI 8 valve. That thing ended up gutted with a 276 cam running on a Garrett chip which nobody said would work but ran like a champ. It was almost dead even with my 98 VR6 and for some reason my VR6 was a tick or two quicker than most all others, even one of my buddies who had cam and schrick manifold. Used to hang with a bunch of the guys from raw NRG back in the day because they were nice enough to let my brother and I hang with them. Also used to know and occasionally chill with a fella named Khalid had a ginster yellow vr6 mk3 hatch that was turbo'd by hpa before they were a household name. Had close to 800hp at the time w wrong injectors. Also wonder what happened to Dan L. who had a mk4 gti 1.8t w TT manifold & intercooler setup and ecu reflash and weitec coils and had the whole black and dark red theme going on. Also had this crazy euro chick with an s2000 that somehow threw a rod thru the block at 9500 rpm and it was NA. She was cool. We had a nice group of guys. And lets not forget my best of vw buds who had a black Bora with the sickest bodywork ive ever seen ;-) if this sounds familiar to any of you say hello and just glad to ve back. Wont say my previous screen name but was a massive mk2-mk3 forum whore for 10+ yrs. Now I got myself a mk1 cabriolet that is pretty damn clean and almost all original and I have some plans but need to get some other things in line first. Like the damn alarm system off it first so that i can drive the rebuilt motor that runs like a champ for a little 8 valve. Gotta love those 8 valves of fury! Later brothers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts