VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Porsche Boxster S, 2019 VW Tiguan SEL
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Nice work, car looks great!

I second the question on what did you use. Yellow pad, random orbital polisher and Meguires Ultimate Compound still left swirls behind on my car. Thinking of trying a microfibre next time to see if I can get it looking factory fresh. Still looks decent from a few feet away though:

I find the Porsche paint to be super hard in my limited experience. Using the same combo on my son's BRZ took the imperfections out with one pass!
A Yellow pad might be a bit to aggressive and probably needed to be followed up with a finishing polish to remove whatever leftover swirls there are. The 3d One is really nice as it doesn't require a 2nd pass with anything and finishes really well.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
A Yellow pad might be a bit to aggressive and probably needed to be followed up with a finishing polish to remove whatever leftover swirls there are. The 3d One is really nice as it doesn't require a 2nd pass with anything and finishes really well.
I should have added: I followed up the yellow/compound with a finishing pad/polish.

·
Registered
2007 Porsche Boxster S, 2019 VW Tiguan SEL
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
I did a DIY paint job on my center console. Took quite a bit of work but I'm happy with the end result.
Hood Textile Aircraft Automotive design Wall
Sleeve Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades
Hood Bumper Boat Automotive exterior Motor vehicle
Hood Light Blue Sleeve Bumper
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Attachments

61 - 63 of 63 Posts