VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Folks if you have been around here a long time, you may remember me. After owning her for 12 years, I sold My 'Raddo 8 years ago when the Family "outgrew" it. (Code for the MRS. said we had to get something bigger. Apparently, It is not a good car for 5 people...humph!)

Well, I picked up a nearly identical 92 SLC. Same color, good ole Dark Burgundy!! Upside or downside, this time its not a slicktop. Also Its not Grey cloth.

it has some bugaboo's, but it is a Corrado!! Glad to be back in the Fold. I will be hammering the archives and lots of questions coming too!!

Yeah, I know. Not really digging the wheels either, but they came on it...

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I will get some pics up.

Hadn't thought about a build thread. Wish I would have with my old one. All the mistakes I made and learned from we could all use.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Looks good. I have always liked that colour and while I am a fan of gold rims (I have three sets for my WRX), I agree they don't work on your car.

Looking forward to updates.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good. I have always liked that colour and while I am a fan of gold rims (I have three sets for my WRX), I agree they don't work on your car.

Looking forward to updates.

Yeah I am hoping for Some Audi Fat 5's or Schmidt Modern lines.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Good luck with the hunt.

I just picked up a set of ST coilovers to do a suspension refresh on my G60. The current Koni and HR race spring set up has been on it for close to 20 years. Looking forward to a less jarring ride.

Reactions: limeyscot

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
nice!
welcome back into the world of Corrados!

im glad you saved this one, as i always seem to see part out threads, especially over on FB.

Reactions: limeyscot

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,903 Posts
Nice, congrats OP. I remember seeing one in that color new at the dealership back in the day. My favorite Corrado color ever, hands down. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2019 GTI Autobahn Deep Black Pearl
99 Posts
I just bought a mkiv Jetta to work on and I am already jealous of these Corrados! Looking forward to see what you do with it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome back and congrats on getting another LC3U corrado!
I have one as well, probably my favorite color!
I remember your screen name from back in the day.
I think I saw the post on Facebook about this car a couple weeks ago, I’m assuming it’s the same car? From Georgia I believe??

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome back and congrats on getting another LC3U corrado!
I have one as well, probably my favorite color!
I remember your screen name from back in the day.
I think I saw the post on Facebook about this car a couple weeks ago, I’m assuming it’s the same car? From Georgia I believe??

Thanx Turbo... I remember your name as well.

Yes, Turbo that is the one. I actually chased it around the first time it was sold 2 months ago. Then the guy I bought it from had tried to flip it. If you recall he was trying to get 12500 for it.

I didn't pay near that much for it. He actually posted it on Ebay then after that. I got outbid on it. Then he messaged me because the winner backed out.

It's a pretty solid car. Has a few issues. But it runs strong.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Yes, Turbo that is the one. I actually chased it around the first time it was sold 2 months ago. Then the guy I bought it from had tried to flip it. If you recall he was trying to get 12500 for it.

I didn't pay near that much for it. He actually posted it on Ebay then after that. I got outbid on it. Then he messaged me because the winner backed out.

I thought it looked familiar, good for you for not giving up on it, it looks like a clean starting point to work with!

I recently came across another burgundy corrado owned by somebody local to me. It turns out that it was owned by a vortexer that was active around the same time

I thought it looked familiar, good for you for not giving up on it and tracking it down. It seems like a good example to get started with!

I recently met another burgundy Corrado owner that is local to me, it turns out he bought it from a vortexer a couple years ago. Not sure if you remember the car?

It’s very cool having another Corrado in my area, especially a clean LC3U! He does some YouTube videos under ‘radomatt’. Check it out!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts