VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: back to stock exhaust...? (jcorallo)

All Original stock exhausts have the twin pencil tailpipes pointing downwards.
If your original one had them pointing straight out, then it was not a genuine rear box, perhaps a patent from somwhere like Kwik Fit or Charlie Browns etc.
The BEST solution is what I have:
Stock (genuine) middle and centre silencers
Followed by a SEBRING rear box with twin 90mm chrome pipes (or your choice)
This way its quieter than stock (if not quieter!) and you also get some good looks at the back end too !
Try it mate - you wont regret it - I've had mine on for 2 years without any problems or noise or resonance. And I've done 60,000 miles.
Cheers
Aamer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: back to stock exhaust...? (jcorallo)

If the rear box and centre suitcase was one piece then its genuine, infact one piece exhausts are only installed from factory.
If your rear box goes, then the dealers have to cut it off at a specified place and then use a mating adaptor to attach the new back back.
Aftermarket rear boxs (like my Sebring) have a widened end which just slot onto the pipe of the suitcase, avoiding the use of an adaptor.
I have my old genuine back box if you want it (with adaptor!) That has the original curved downwards tailpipes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: back to stock exhaust...? (Golfather)

Strange just checking your part numbers on ETKA and the part number you quote for your rear box (C) is for a Golf 2.0 16v.
If its a VR6 rear box, it should have a R at the end of it.
Is your car a conversion? Or has someone installed a 2.0 16v system on it ?(coz they are the same bore)
Cheers
Aamer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.