VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom woke me up this morning saying..."your window is smashed in"
I come outside to see this.

No more subs and amp

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Sorry to hear, although it looks like you made out with a new power screwdriver.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Re: Bad day for the 337 (Mrbillygoat)

That sucks. But whoever it was must have known they were in there because the trunk looks like it was all closed up, yeah???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Bad day for the 337 (dckeener)

Good news: Insurance is paying for the window AND the tint.
The car was locked, they must have taken everything out of the window because the alarm never went off.
I dont think i was targeted, nobody knows i have subs. Plus, there have been over 10 vehicle break-ins within a block or two where i live over the past week. I am never parking outside again.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts

Wow.. when I opened this thread, I thought you got into an accident or something.. but I'm glad you didn't bro. Sorry to hear..
Oh yeah, did they just break the window and take everything out through it? Our stock alarms won't alarm if the windows are broken..

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Re: Bad day for the 337 (MalakaiTran)

check out the closest pawnshops in the area and see if you can find your stuff, they should also have the info of who the seller was. then you could either get the cops involved or serve up your own steaming hot plate of justice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
719 Posts

AHH, that gives me memories of my similar incident.. smashed the same window and took my kenwood 7' touchscreen dvd head unit... luckily the sub and amp were still there, so i guess they were happy with wut they had, sorry to hear bro

d i l e m m a h

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Re: Bad day for the 337 (thisonefoo)

Quote, originally posted by thisonefoo »
Wow.. when I opened this thread, I thought you got into an accident or something.. but I'm glad you didn't bro. Sorry to hear..

Quote, originally posted by ElevatedGaze »
check out the closest pawnshops in the area and see if you can find your stuff, they should also have the info of who the seller was. then you could either get the cops involved or serve up your own steaming hot plate of justice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

yes, and yes.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Re: Bad day for the 337 (EternalMind)

Most the time theives are smart enough to not take stolen goods to a pawn shop. Most likely your stuff will be sold on the streets. Everything a pawnshop does is recorded and watched by police. So anyone that knows that will not even go near a pawnshop. NTM, a pawnshop legally can not give out information on the person who pawned or sold merchandise in the store. Even if you know it was your stuff. Not saying that they don't beak the rules, but their not supposed to.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

when you replace your subs, you should dop them into the floor to make it harder to steal. maybe use star screw heads to slow them down even more. this is what i did:

sorry about the large pictures

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: Bad day for the 337 (AE#1023)

wow very nice setup, how does it sound?,ive always wanted to know how those amps and subs performed....

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Re: (GLI-GirLIe)

That really sucks. I do find it hard to believe that nobody knew you had subs. It would be a big suprise to think they just randomly broke into your car and it just happened to have nice stereo equipment in it. Especially with the hatch cover over them. Anyways, still sux and as was said earlier, "DEATH TO THIEVES!"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts