VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

The last 2 months I've been having P0106 code throw a check engine code. I tried spark plugs, cleaning the throttle body, cleaning the air filter, cleaning the MAP sensor and harness, and cleaning the ground from the battery. I have my back against the wall as far as emissions testing goes, and have to get it figured out asap. I threw in the towel and took it to the dealership to have them fix it. They told me it was the MAP harness and I just had them do it, since it was already there. Well, that didn't fix it. Now, they say it's a bad ECU. Could anyone confirm the part number for an ECU?

Since I've noticed that this seems to be a common code that pops up on these engines, I wanted to post this for future reference to anyone:

It started about 2 months ago with the code. I cleared it and it came back ~10 miles later. I then tried to clean the MAP sensor and harness, and the ground from the battery. I cleared the code and the light came back on ~50 miles later. Next, I tried spark plugs and cleaning the throttle body. The light came back on ~10 miles later. I then realized I needed to get my emissions tested within a few weeks so I decided to go to Audi to fix it. This is when they redid the MAP sensor harness and new sensor, light came back on ~10 miles later. I took the car back to them the next day, they tried a couple things. I believe they tried cleaning the ground, cleaning the sensor, and cleaning the throttle body. The light came back on in ~10 miles. I took it back 2 days ago and they claim to have ran a bunch of tests and tried some overlays around my battery, and came up with a bad ECU. I'm going to order a used one here soon, and I will update this post when I find out if this is the fix or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi koozballs. I’m praying you see this and can tell me a little more about the ecu swap. I have this issue on my 2006 b7 3.2. The P0106 code that has come down to a new ECU. I’ve seen perhaps swapping the ECU for used or having someone try and fix it. Wondering how yours went.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.