VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i hit the brakes my right tail light will fade, but not go out all of the way. i know there is a bad ground somewhere just seeing if its a common thing and if anyone knows where the bad ground could be. TIA

·
Registered
214 Posts
At least one of the grounds for the rear lights is located on the drivers side behind the carpet that lines the inside of the fender. It is located near the floor of the car. I can't remember if there is a similar setup on the passengers side or not.
I had an issue recently where one filament inside a dual filament bulb broke and fell down on to the other filament. It resulted in some rather weird symptoms... You may want to check your bulbs

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (Dewie)

i know its not the bulbs, ive changed them a lot. but when i turn on the passenger blinker and hit the brake the speed of the blinker wil increase as well. im pretty convinced that its a bad ground, i just dont have a bently to look up where the ground wires for the passeneger brake light is.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Re: (Raiders2k)

also you might want to check your circuit board looking thing that all your bulbs plug into for corrosion. Seems like a fairly common thing to go out on these cars, happened to me and after replacing them everything worked great. They are only around $25 a piece or so @ the dealership IIRC http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts