VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MAF is bad as I posted so my question is if I buy a BOV do I disconect the MAF or not. If i do have to disconect the MAF then will the CEL be on.
Is there any halp (info) how to disconnect the MAF
Btw im planing to chip in 2 weeks so does the BOV take care of my bad MAF and my platic DV ??

·
Banned
140 Posts
Re: Bad MAF and its replacement questions (Eraser)

Call VW customer service and tell tehm about your MAF they will give to a # take it to your dealer and get a new one free, they no about the problem, just isnt bad enough to do a recall on all 1.8T engines yet, they did it for the 2.0.
I got mine done and check out all my mods, and out of warranty.
BOV's are great but after running 2 months with one, the cool factor wore off and now I like the better A/F ratios.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Re: Bad MAF and its replacement questions (Eraser)

ask them to do it under a goodwill program.
if you dont know what the maf looks like or where it is, you shouldnt be playing with it or installing a bov.
youll just be back here in a few weeks complaining about something else that goes wronng

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: Bad MAF and its replacement questions (AxeAngel)

Thanks for the input.
But when was the last time anyone tried VW. I called them I they thought I was smoking something. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Cameron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.